This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Black Box Network Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosting Title
The Switch Technician is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Meridian SL-100 PBX at the customer s site. Other duties include coordinating installation, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DSO); troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems; maintaining system applications; ensuring quality customer service; and providing support to a varied user community; updating daily logs with site specific information; and composing clear and concise reports for customer documentation. The Switch Technician is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled. Positions available throughout Southwest Asia. Candidates must meet criteria to pass a background check and obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance. Black Box will assist applicants with submitting the necessary background check and security clearance request forms.
This position will be located in Bagram, Afghanistan
* Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice switch infrastructure experience including Nortel SL-100; digital communications including: DS1, DS3, Fiber, ISDN; operating systems and applications including: Windows, MS Office; computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; power experience including, Lorain, DC distribution systems, troubleshooting; and telecom experience including: T1 and DACS. Familiarity with Federal customers is a plus.
* Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
* Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, stored program control, and power is required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Meridian 1 products is a plus.
* General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment is required.
* Experience and knowledge of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DSO) is required.
* Strong programming and computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
* Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
* Ability to work extremely flexible hours and support on-call duties and shift work is required.
* Minimum Associates degree, 2 year technical degree, relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required.
* Minimum 3 years experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications Nortel Sl-100 or DMS-100 switching systems.
* Experience in LAN/WAN operations and IP connectivity is a plus.
* The incumbent will be required to successfully complete a drug, background, and medical screening as well as obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
* A valid driver s license is required.
* Must be a US citizen.
* Must have a valid US Passport
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Apply to job Save to cart
Black Box Network Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.