SMC/RSL Acquisition Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3587
Title: SMC/RSL Acquisition Planning
Date Posted: 08/06/2016
Job Location: El Segundo California
This contract will provide engineering and technical sustainment support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Enterprise in the following areas: Core Sustainment and Logistics Support (CSLS), Configuration Management (CM) and Technical Order (TO) Support, Buckley Support Team (BST) Support, Remote Sensing Systems Directorate Support, and CISF Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support. SBIRS is an Acquisition Category I (ACAT I) program consisting of an integrated systems of systems including multiple space-based sensors and a ground element.
This position works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Conduct modernization planning activities, development, usage, data collection, modification/enhancement, integration, analysis, maintenance and operational requirements; system requirements; technology plans and requirements, including technology transfer; and operational concepts.
* Analyze logistics documentation and program plans for space systems and related ground segments based on acquisition contract requirements and logistics support/sustainment objectives.
* Analyze the computer resource/software engineering program and recommend specific changes to the program and documentation to correct deviations from the requirements.
* Make cost-effective program process recommendations that support organizational and depot sustainment infrastructure and data delivery.
* Review Test and Evaluation (T&E) segments of acquisition documentation based on the organization s master plan.
* Review, analyze and advise the Government in the development and refinement of the Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), perform test planning, and participate in Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) for both software and hardware.
* Evaluate system testing for completeness and efficiency in and recommend changes or corrections to ensure requirements are met.
* Establish test plans, procedures, and requirements for ground control facilities.
* Provide test monitoring and performance verification.
* Analyze test anomalies and recommend corrective actions to improve test performance.
* Bachelor s degree
* 10 years of experience related to space systems acquisition
* Strong written and verbal skills including writing reports and presenting results to customers
* Current Top Secret Clearance
* Specific experience with SBIRS, DSP, or other Overhead Persistent Infrared system
* Knowledge and familiarity of USAF SMC organizations and processes
* Experience with space systems test and evaluation
* Experience with hardware and software analysis
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
Los Angeles Air Force Base, Los Angeles CA
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability