SMC/RSL Operational Transition SME
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/21/2016
Buckley Afb, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3192
Title: SMC/RSL Operational Transition SME
Date Posted: 03/02/2016
Job Location: Aurora, Buckley AFB Colorado
This contract will provide engineering and technical sustainment support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Enterprise in the following areas: Core Sustainment and Logistics Support (CSLS), Configuration Management (CM) and Technical Order (TO) Support, Buckley Support Team (BST) Support, Remote Sensing Systems Directorate Support, and CISF Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support. SBIRS is an Acquisition Category I (ACAT I) program consisting of an integrated systems of systems including multiple space-based sensors and a ground element.
This position works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Plan for transitioning from a legacy vehicle-only fleet, to a mix of legacy and S2E2 vehicles, and to a S2E2 vehicle-only fleet. Planning shall include, but not be limited to, recommendations regarding decommissioning of legacy vehicles, incorporation of the vehicles and their parts/equipment into the supply system, changes to employment and deployment concepts, and manning recommendations.
* Subject matter expert S2E2 vehicles
* Strong written and verbal skills including writing reports and presenting results to customers
* Able to obtain Top Secret clearance
* Experience with the maintenance/sustainment of a satellite ground system
* Specific experience with SBIRS, DSP, or other Overhead Persistent Infrared system
* Able to quickly obtain TS/SCI accesses due to prior adjudication or recently in an SCI billet
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
Buckley AFB, Denver CO
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability