SMC/RSL Senior Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3198
Title: SMC/RSL Senior Systems Administrator
Date Posted: 03/02/2016
Job Location: Aurora, Buckley AFB Colorado
This contract will provide engineering and technical sustainment support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Enterprise in the following areas: Core Sustainment and Logistics Support (CSLS), Configuration Management (CM) and Technical Order (TO) Support, Buckley Support Team (BST) Support, Remote Sensing Systems Directorate Support, and CISF Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Support. SBIRS is an Acquisition Category I (ACAT I) program consisting of an integrated systems of systems including multiple space-based sensors and a ground element.
This position works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Validate software maintenance equipment (SME) resources are available, operational and correctly configured.
* Save and backup user data on the SME.
* Maintain a stable production environment for personnel performing Software or Hardware Engineering activities using the SME and respond to user directions and problem situations.
* Resolve conflicts arising between the computer operators and application software developers.
* Procure government-specified quantities of vendor supplied software revisions or changes and hardware revision and changes and associated documentation changes.
* Install, integrate, and test the vendor supplied revisions and changes to the SBIRS SME, in accordance with the government-approved and provided test plans, and in coordination with other government contractor teams performing software and hardware engineering change projects.
* Provide technical support (local, telephonic or in person at remote site) to install cables, configure equipment, troubleshoot malfunctions and investigate anomalies to other government contractor teams performing government specification updates driven by the implementation of vendor supplied software revisions and changes and/or hardware revision and changes.
* Evaluate test plans, procedures, reports, new or changed computer operations, and user run procedures or decks, generated by other government contractors, and assess impacts on SME operating systems.
* Reposition SME within the SME facility.
* Implement SME changes based on mission evolution.
* Provide technical assistance and follow-on operations, maintenance, and support for new and modified SME Requirements.
* Review and provide feedback from activities such as Software Maintenance Equipment SME relocations, software maintenance, and testing, system engineering analyses and studies, software and firmware modifications, and shared support environments.
* Maintain a record of measures to include system and subsystems mean time between failure (MTBF) and mean time to repair (MTTR).
* Maintain records of Magnetic Media Storage Area activity to include tape maintenance actions, destruction, off-site storage, and total inventory.
* Perform maintenance (to include preventive maintenance), calibration, and repair of all government-furnished SME in accordance with applicable Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specifications, technical and commercial manuals and technical orders (TOs).
* Maintain at the Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) level. Workmanship and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) precautions will be in accordance with best commercial practices.
* Submit an AFTO Form 22 to the government TOMA when discrepancies are found in Technical Orders IAW TO 00-5-1.
* Acquire all spares and support required to support the SME assigned in this task.
* Remove all SME cables no longer required to support SME functions when directed by the RSL project lead.
* Initiate repair actions within one (1) hour of receiving notification through a customer support request (CSR) of the reported failure, and continue repair actions until the SME operation is restored or as coordinated with the project lead.
* Complete noncritical SME repairs within a total SMS restoral time.
* Develop and maintain a daily running log for each SME, indicating all changes in equipment status and all significant maintenance events.
* During maintenance events, document the results of system Built-In-Test-Equipment and diagnostic software testing. Entries shall be made as events occur.
* Bachelor s degree
* Ability to work day shift and /or swing shift 5 days a week
* 10 years of experience related to sustainment engineering and/or performing/reviewing analyses and system studies
* Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements
* Strong written and verbal skills including writing reports and presenting results to customers
* Able to obtain Top Secret clearance
* Master s degree
* 8570 IAT III certified
* Hold commercial software and network certifications
* Experience with the maintenance/sustainment of a satellite ground system
* Specific experience with SBIRS, DSP, or other Overhead Persistent Infrared system
* Able to quickly obtain TS/SCI accesses due to prior adjudication or recently in an SCI billet
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
Buckley AFB, Denver CO
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability