SMC/SYG DSC2-D Sr Systems Engineer (Dahlgren) 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3654
Title: SMC/SYG DSC2-D Sr Systems Engineer (Dahlgren)
Date Posted: 09/07/2016
Job Location: Dahlgren Virginia
The Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) executes sustainment program management, sustaining engineering, maintenance and supply support, and small modification execution for SSA ground sensors. These sensors provide timely and accurate metric and space object identification (SOI) data on near Earth and Deep-Space (DS) objects. These sensors also provide data for SSA catalog maintenance and support for special events (e.g. space launches, satellite breakups, and maneuvers). The Division also provides hot-back-up to the Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC), and provides Command and Control for the Space Surveillance Network.
The scope of this contract is to execute the following activities: sustainment engineering, sustainment management, product support/life-cycle logistics, user interface functions, communications network management for long-term sustainment. These tasks are to be executed laterally with SYG depot and development contractors. Tasks fall into five areas: Product Support, Sustainment Engineering & Sustainment Management, Technical Order Management, Technical User Interface, and System Design, Engineering and Integration.
This position provides Engineering support to the Distributed Space Command and Control Dahlgren (DSC2-D) system located in Dahlgren VA (position is located in Dahlgren).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Provide technical and programmatic support to the Distributed Space Command and Control Dahlgren (DCS2-D) system. This support includes, but is not limited to: General systems engineering, sustaining engineering, architecture development and decision making, integrated logistics planning and execution, acquisition assistance (includes integration with contractual, financial, and scheduling activities), and overall operations and sustainment support as required. The scope of this effort includes providing support, as required, to division or branch level managers.
* Ensure for the planning and execution of all product support elements in the development, modification, upgrade and sustainment of the DCS2-D system.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to, the development of overarching system design documentation to include: technical requirements documents (TRD); capability description documents (CDD); capability production documents (CPD); interface control documents (ICDs); and system specifications.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to the development of training related tasks such as the Training System Requirements Analysis (TSRA), system training plans, and other training materials. Coordinate for government approval of training materials and training systems.
* Collect, develop, and review program specific information to support the development of training related tasks for DSC2-D.
* Lead and resolve program deficiencies and facilitate effective integration of support system technical and product support requirements and efforts with other acquisition and sustainment activities within SYG, with outside agencies and industry partners.
* Provide recommendations to lower the Life Cycle Cost per program and improve system readiness.
* Develop, plan, and implement lifecycle support strategies and analysis for Quick Reaction Capabilities, technology demonstrations, prototyping, and system test and evaluation activities.
* Develop strategies, plans and packages for classified and unclassified Depot Source of Repair (DSOR) submissions and facilitate associated life cycle cost planning and benefit analyses, partnering, acquisition of data rights, and provisioning.Staff packages through DSOR process and follow through final approval.
* Track development/sustainment risks in support of Government activities.
* Prepare briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of SYG programs.
* Coordinate and lead resolution of system issues, deficiencies, software bugs, etc. with prime contractors, depot contractors other support contractors.
* Identify and prepare consolidated lessons learned reports from applicable related programs for Directorate and SMC reviews, update processes required by the contractor, and make recommendations to improve government processes and procedures.
* Participate in configuration management and data management processes associated with DSC2-D.
* Develop and maintain technical requirements documents and architecture documentation to execute DSC2-D related programs, upgrades, system modifications and enhancements.
* Develop and update roadmap activities including incremental upgrade planning, scheduling and funding for DSC2-D.
* Coordinate with prime contractors, depot contractors and other support contractors on DSC2-D system issues.
* Provide relevant input to acquisition planning activities, upgrades and modifications and studies and interface with contractor logistics support personnel and product support integrators.
* Support development and management of Technical Orders related to DSC2-D.
* Bachelor s degree in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field
* 10 years of experience in engineering disciplines, acquisition, logistics, and/or sustainment to the DoD
* Specific experience with Space Surveillance Network Command and Control nodes (e.g. Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC) and Distributed Space Command and Control Dahlgren (DSC2-D))
* Knowledge of the nature of mission, programs and activities common of large organizations to include program planning, funding, and management information systems
* Knowledge of basic program analysis policies, methods, and processes, to include planning, analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of line or operating programs
* Knowledge of engineering management policies, procedures and practices
* Ability to identify requirements for money, manpower, material, facilities, and services
* Ability to analyze and evaluate methods and techniques to assess program operations and develop solutions
* Strong written and verbal skills including writing reports and presenting results to customers
* Secret clearance
* Master s degree in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field
* Knowledge of the Space Surveillance Network and its systems and mission
* Familiarity with SMC/SYG and its predecessor organizations
* Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, and materials of multidisciplinary professional engineering to effectively apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts to new applications, experimental theories, and other areas of responsibility.
* Knowledge of planning and program management to execute major projects, provide expert advice to colleagues, and present innovative recommendations for advancing programs and/or methods.
* Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization.
* Ability to research, evaluate, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability