SMC/SYG Eglin Logistician (Colorado Springs)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 4/14/2017
Peterson Afb, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: #3652
Title: SMC/SYG Eglin Logistician (Colorado Springs)
Date Posted: 09/07/2016
Job Location: Peterson AFB Colorado
The Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) executes sustainment program management, sustaining engineering, maintenance and supply support, and small modification execution for SSA ground sensors. These sensors provide timely and accurate metric and space object identification (SOI) data on near Earth and Deep-Space (DS) objects. These sensors also provide data for SSA catalog maintenance and support for special events (e.g. space launches, satellite breakups, and maneuvers). The Division also provides hot-back-up to the Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC), and provides Command and Control for the Space Surveillance Network.
The scope of this contract is to execute the following activities: sustainment engineering, sustainment management, product support/life-cycle logistics, user interface functions, communications network management for long-term sustainment. These tasks are to be executed laterally with SYG depot and development contractors. Tasks fall into five areas: Product Support, Sustainment Engineering & Sustainment Management, Technical Order Management, Technical User Interface, and System Design, Engineering and Integration.
This position provides Logistics support to the Space Surveillance Radar at Eglin Air Force Base (position is located in Colorado Springs).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Develop, maintain, and coordinate life-cycle sustainment plans (LCSPs) and logistics planning documents.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to, the development of overarching system design documentation to include: technical requirements documents (TRD); capability description documents (CDD); capability production documents (CPD); interface control documents (ICDs); and system specifications.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to the development of training related tasks such as the Training System Requirements Analysis, system training plans, and other training materials.
* Provide logistics expertise to government product support managers at various forums to include, but not limited to, technical interchange meetings (TIMs), design reviews, provisioning conferences, technical order in-process reviews (IPR), Video Teleconferences (VTC), telephone conferences, test readiness reviews, event scheduling, internal staff meetings, Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings, working groups and informational meetings.
* Provide relevant revisions, and reviews for product support documents including reliability, maintainability and availability reports, level of repair analysis reports, provisioning analysis, technical orders, and drawings to ensure compliance with current policies and regulations.
* Lead and resolve program deficiencies and facilitate effective integration of support system logistics requirements and efforts with other acquisition and sustainment activities within SYG, with outside agencies and industry partners.
* Provide analyses to drive use of the most cost effective shipping methods.
* Ensure equipment passes through shipping ports to final destinations.
* Provide on-site support for shipments.
* Coordinate and execute with the appropriate agencies to establish Transportation Account Codes (TAC) for transportation of equipment through government channels.
* Provide relevant input for maintenance planning activities, upgrades, modifications and studies while interfacing with contractor logistics support personnel and product support integrators.
* Provide sustaining engineering expertise in the execution of meeting CDD requirements and the development of the obsolescence roadmaps and solutions to resolve obsolescence related deficiencies.
* Review, lead, perform and/or provide relevant input on design documentation (TRDs, Specifications, interface control documents, drawings), requirements documents (ICDs, CDDs, CPDs), ECPs, PWSs, sparing plans, parts lists and inventories, TSRAs, LPDs, LCSPs, enabling concepts, concept of operations, system training plans, training material and ensure technical and support requirements that are addressed as part ofall procurements.
* Coordinate with prime contractors, depot contractors and other support contractors on system issues.
* Provide relevant input to acquisition planning activities, upgrades and modifications and studies and interface with contractor logistics support personnel and product support integrators.
* Provide technical and programmatic support to SYG programs.This includes, but is not limited to: General systems engineering, architecture development and decision making, integrated logistics planning and execution, acquisition assistance (includes contractual, financial, and scheduling activities), and overall operations and sustainment support.
* Bachelor s degree in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field
* 4 years of experience in acquisition, logistics, and/or sustainment
* Specific experience with phased array radar systems (e.g. Eglin Phased Array)
* Knowledge of the nature of mission, programs and activities common of large organizations to include program planning, funding, and management information systems
* Knowledge of basic program analysis policies, methods, and processes, to include planning, analyzing, and evaluating the effectiveness of line or operating programs
* Knowledge of basic logistics management policies, procedures and practices
* Ability to identify requirements for money, manpower, material, facilities, and services
* Ability to analyze and evaluate methods and techniques to assess program operations and develop solutions
* Strong written and verbal skills including writing reports and presenting results to customers
* Secret clearance
* Master s degree in business, engineering, science (physics or chemistry), mathematics or related field
* 10 years of experience in acquisition, logistics, and/or sustainment
* Specific experience with Space Surveillance Network Command and Control nodes (e.g. Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC) and Distributed Space Command and Control Dahlgren (DSC2-D))
* Knowledge of the Space Surveillance Network and its systems and mission
* Familiarity with SMC/SYG and its predecessor organizations
* Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, and materials of multidisciplinary professional engineering to effectively apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts to new applications, experimental theories, and other areas of responsibility.
* Knowledge of planning and program management to execute major projects, provide expert advice to colleagues, and present innovative recommendations for advancing programs and/or methods.
* Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization.
* Ability to research, evaluate, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy, both orally and in writing, as well as work in a professional manner with peers, management, contractors, academia, and other agencies.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability