SMC/SYG Software Engineer (Colorado Springs) 9/8/2016
Peterson Afb, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3649
Title: SMC/SYG Software Engineer (Colorado Springs)
Date Posted: 09/07/2016
Job Location: Peterson AFB Colorado
The Ground Based Space Surveillance Division (SMC/SYG) executes sustainment program management, sustaining engineering, maintenance and supply support, and small modification execution for SSA ground sensors. These sensors provide timely and accurate metric and space object identification (SOI) data on near Earth and Deep-Space (DS) objects. These sensors also provide data for SSA catalog maintenance and support for special events (e.g. space launches, satellite breakups, and maneuvers). The Division also provides hot-back-up to the Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC), and provides Command and Control for the Space Surveillance Network.
The scope of this contract is to execute the following activities: sustainment engineering, sustainment management, product support/life-cycle logistics, user interface functions, communications network management for long-term sustainment. These tasks are to be executed laterally with SYG depot and development contractors. Tasks fall into five areas: Product Support, Sustainment Engineering & Sustainment Management, Technical Order Management, Technical User Interface, and System Design, Engineering and Integration.
This position provides Software Engineering support to the SYG office at Peterson AFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Provide technical and programmatic software engineering support to SYG programs. This support includes, but is not limited to: General systems engineering, sustaining engineering, architecture development and decision making, integrated logistics planning and execution, acquisition assistance (includes integration with contractual, financial, and scheduling activities), and overall operations and sustainment support as required. The scope of this effort includes providing support, as required, to division or branch level managers.
* Develop, maintain, and coordinate life-cycle sustainment plans (LCSPs) and, as appropriate, logistics planning documents related to software, for government approval.
* Ensure for the planning and execution of all software related product support elements in the development, modification, upgrade and sustainment of new and existing programs within the SYG Enterprise portfolio.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to, the development of overarching system design documentation related to software to include: technical requirements documents (TRD); capability description documents (CDD); capability production documents (CPD); interface control documents (ICDs); and system specifications.
* Support, review and provide comments/input to the development of training related tasks such as the Training System Requirements Analysis (TSRA), system training plans, and other training materials. Coordinate for government approval of training materials and training systems.
* Collect, develop, and review program specific information to support the development of training related tasks for the supported weapon systems.
* Lead and resolve program deficiencies and facilitate effective integration of software related support system technical and product support requirements and efforts with other acquisition and sustainment activities within SYG, with outside agencies and industry partners.
* Provide recommendations to lower the Life Cycle Cost per program and improve system readiness.
* Develop, plan, and implement lifecycle support strategies and analysis for Quick Reaction Capabilities, technology demonstrations, prototyping, and system test and evaluation activities.
* Develop strategies, plans and packages for classified and unclassified Depot Source of Repair (DSOR) submissions and facilitate associated life cycle cost planning and benefit analyses, partnering, acquisition of data rights, and provisioning.Staff packages through DSOR process and follow through final approval.
* Track development/sustainment risks in support of Government activities.
* Prepare briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of SYG programs.
* Coordinate and lead resolution of system issues, deficiencies, software bugs, etc. with prime contractors, depot contractors other support contractors.
* Identify and prepare consolidated lessons learned reports from applicable related programs for Directorate and SMC reviews, update processes required by the contractor, and make recommendations to improve government processes and procedures.
* Participate in configuration management and data management processes associated with software configuration items and deliverables.
* Develop and maintain software related technical requirements documents and architecture documentation to execute programs, upgrades, system modifications and enhancements to fielded and deployed systems.
* Develop and update roadmap activities including incremental upgrade planning, scheduling and funding for fielded and deployed systems.
* Coordinate with prime contractors, depot contractors and other support contractors on software issues.
* Provide software related input to acquisition planning activities, upgrades and modifications and studies and interface with contractor logistics support personnel and product support integrators.
* Provide software related inputs to the development and management of Technical Orders.
* Bachelor s degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
* 5 years of experience in providing acquisition related support to the DoD specifically in the area of software
* Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, techniques, and materials of multidisciplinary professional engineering to effectively apply advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts to new applications, experimental theories, and other areas of responsibility.
* Knowledge of planning and program management to execute major projects, provide expert advice to colleagues, and present innovative recommendations for advancing programs and/or methods.
* Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
* Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization.
* Ability to research, evaluate, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, and procedures to a variety of situations and to recommend timely and economical solutions.
* Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and with technical accuracy, both orally and in writing, as well as work in a professional manner with peers, management, contractors, academia, and other agencies.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability