SMTS - Software Engineer-IT Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
JOB TITLE: SMTS, SOFTWARE ENGINEER-IT APPLICATIONS
LOCATION: US - INDIANA - INDIANAPOLIS
Salesforce is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Senior Member of Technical Staff) to join our newly forming IT REAL ESTATE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TEAM. This is an awesome opportunity to spear-head application development for Enterprise Real Estate Management - developing applications and systems to manage the global Salesforce real estate portfolio - on Salesforce technology! IT application development is growing, it is a great time to join the team and make a huge contribution to how we support our business using the Salesforce platform!
* Work with an established application development manager, principal solution architect and technical development lead in solution design & development
* Take an active role in helping form / build this new team
* Actively support our ADM agile framework - including establishing scrum team roles, tools, practices, and rituals
* Establish a solid relationship with our Product Manager to understand the vision, requirements, and priorities of our Real Estate business partners
* Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Have a solid understanding of the MVC pattern, an obsession with commenting your code, a natural tendency to self-test your code before calling it done and a knack for building quality user experience
* Be responsible for development through all phases of the development lifecycle and be well versed in full stack (backend & frontend) implementation
* Use your experience to collaborate with team members to develop new features, enhance existing features, underlying software components and frameworks
* Have a history of building successful Web-based solutions and the ability to quickly grasp unfamiliar technology and integrate them quickly into the solution implementation
* Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast with quality
* Be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many projects within the team's portfolio.
We're a flat, lean, agile, self-governing team. We value transparency and trust. We continue to create purpose in our work, question the status quo, seek individual mastery and encourage autonomy.
* 5+ years of experience programming with Force.com or JAVA technologies
* Extensive understanding of OO design and programming, and MVC
* Expertise with relational database languages (SQL or SOQL)
* Experience with data modeling design
* Working Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
* Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
* Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
* Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant experience
* Experience developing on the Salesforce.com platform & API's.
* Previous experience with Sales Cloud / Service Cloud
* Experience developing on Force.com (Apex / Visualforce / Lightning)
* Experience with Version Control, Code Collaboration, and Continuous Integration Systems - GIT, Perforce, Code Collaborator, Swarm, Jenkins, ANT, etc.
* Certifications in Force.com / JAVA
* Understanding of various user based security models
* Master's degree - Computer Science, Engineering or MIS
* Previous experience developing applications in the Real Estate vertical
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work for six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.