SN - Supplier Relationship Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for the overall management of the designated product Category. Develops and executes a plan for growth of the category assigned. Negotiates discounts and pricing, implements marketing programs and manages the inventory. Analyzes the category sales trends to develop appropriate strategies to meet the company s objectives for maximizing profitability.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
* Build and maintain assigned categories. Develop relationships with both suppliers and customers; work with the sales department to develop business, provide product information, education and promotions.
* Seek additional growth by identifying new products and new product lines to carry within the category. Work with new vendors to satisfy company new vendor requirements.
* Use leverage with vendors to sell new and solidify existing advertising programs; meet advertising revenue budget
* Develop a profitable, competitive
* Helps to create and manage all marketing spends/budgets by brands assigned.
* Negotiates inbound freight recovery
* Research vendor/supplier sources, and develop low cost, quality, reliable sources
* Coordinate sales activities with vendors to ensure full support to sales team. Create and maintain plan-o-grams for merchandising products.
* Evaluate competitor pricing to maintain competitive positioning in the market.
* Maintain relationships with the necessary brand buyers.
* Review inventory levels, fill rates, service levels.
* Periodically review products for slow movement.
* Evaluate aged inventory and recommend items to be discontinued with buyer
* Coordinate product returns and appropriate disposition procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor degree or equivalent related training and/or experience in field.
* Knowledge of purchasing, advertising and sales
* Knowledge of natural product industry including but not limited to supplements, personal care and grocery
* Three to five years purchasing or related experience
* Experience in marketing and/or sales or related field
* Experience in negotiating and closing deals with vendors and customers
* Experience in the product category
* System implementation experience is preferred
* Professional demeanor
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including customer service skills
* Sound presentation skills
* Ability to negotiate and close deals
* Works independently; key attention to detail and ability to multi-task
* Computer literate; competent with MS Office, particularly Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.