SNE - Dietary Assistant, 24 hrs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Performs a wide variety of duties directly related to meal service and department cleaning and sanitation. These duties include all functions relating to patient/resident (adult/geriatric patient population) feeding and all functions relating to the proper cleaning, polishing, and sanitizing and operating small and large equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Portions foods and beverages according to production sheets and following standardized recipes and standard portion sizes.
* Strips carts and washes dishes, flatware, trays, pellets, glasses, cups and serving utensils for patients and residents according to established policies.
* Checks all items received from dishroom for chips, breaks, cleanliness, etc.
* Delivers meals to patients and residents.
* Disposes of, in appropriate area, all food items that have been so designated by the cooking staff.
* Pre-washes, washes and sanitizes all cooking and serving equipment.
* Accurately arranges needed items as indicated on patient menu and in proper place on the trays during patient tray assembly.
* Restocks area with needed items.
* May stock unit kitchens with needed supplies.
* Ensures that appropriate amounts of correct cleaning compounds are used at all times.
* Cleans all work areas including floors, equipment, storage areas and other areas as assigned by the supervisor.
* May be assigned to various positions within the kitchen area.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Carries-out responsibilities in keeping with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards, alert to potential for internal problems and reports concerns appropriately.
* Assures patient confidentiality.
Previous food service experience preferable in health care, although not required. Ability to read, write and speak English.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Sufficient mobility to negotiate physical plant. Strength and endurance to work constantly for long periods of time (8 or more hours).
* Physical ability to carry or push equipment .
* Visual and auditory capabilities sufficient to read information and respond to verbal input.
* Cognitive ability to observe and report relevant information in verbal and written formats.
* Possesses communication and interpersonal relationship skills with ability to respond to events effectively.
* Flexibility in work schedule and/or assignment to meet time requirements of the position and needs of the nursing center (which may include weekend, holiday, shift rotation and overtime hours).
* Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
BEHAVIORAL PERFORMANCE SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Attention to Detail Able to be alert in a high-risk environment, follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in data, carefully monitor instruments or processes, concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system.
* Communication Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word, read and interpret complex information, talk with staff, patients/residents, or family members.
* Customer Focus Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery, do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
* Flexibility Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information, perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change, manage transitions effectively from task to task, adapt to varying customer needs.
* Policies, Process, and Procedures Able to act in accordance with established guidelines, follow standard procedures in difficult situations, communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures, recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.
* Quality Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines, establish high standards and measures, do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws, test new methods thoroughly, reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
* Respecting Diversity Able to adapt behavior to others styles, interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
* Team Work Able to share due credit with co-workers, display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment, work closely with other departments as necessary, support group decisions and solicit opinions from co-workers, display team spirit.
* Kitchen conditions (temperature fluctuations, extremely hot foods and beverages, cleaning chemical exposure.) Is subject to the exposure of infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, orders, etc.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. PHH takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.