SOFTWARE ENGINEER I 8/17/2016
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Software Engineer1 will design, develop, implement, and support business applications using Java technologies. Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations. Build, confirm, and prioritize project plans and deliverables with the client. Work independently and in a highly collaborative and teaming environment. May work on a team with other vendors and customers. Develop and execute unit test plans, ensuring that results are documented and reviewed with the Quality Assurance teams responsible for integrated testing. Create technical documentation in support of new development, upgrades and enhancements. Understand and apply standard web practices to aid utilization of new technologies, engage in appropriate project management & system development methodologies. Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong leadership and project management skills. Work with the customer, developer teams, and production support to troubleshoot an issue or bug. Attend required training. Perform backup support outside of the primary position function as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
* GCE Information Technology Trainees meet the education and experience requirements for this position after 6 months or more as an Information Technology Trainee, demonstrating the ability to perform all requirements in this job description in a client environment, and with manager approval.
* Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE Programmer Certification.
* Two (2) years of experience may be substituted for certification.
* Java programming as well as Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
* Full lifecycle experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
* Knowledge of PL/SQL. SQL experience on Oracle or other relational database.
* Good understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies (Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
* Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
* Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and to hear.
* Must have close and classroom vision.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED