SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 3/1/2017
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Software Engineer II will design, develop, implement, and support business applications using Java technologies. Performs routine programming assignments that do not require skilled background experience but do require knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Works according to clear-cut and complete specifications. Maintains and modifies routine programs. Makes approved changes by amending program flow charts, developing detailed processing logic, and coding changes. Tests and documents modifications and writes operator instructions. May write routine new programs using prescribed specifications. Evaluate simple interrelationships in the immediate programming area, e.g., whether a contemplated change in one part of a simple program would cause unwanted results in a related part; confers with user representatives to gain an understanding of the situation sufficient to formulate the needed change; and implements the change upon approval of the supervisor or higher level staff. Reviews objectives and assignment details with higher level staff to insure thorough understanding; uses judgment in selecting among authorized procedures and seeks assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
* Bachelor s degree. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Three (3) or more years of software development experience.
* Two (2) or more years of hands-on experience developing J2EE applications.
* Excellent Java programming as well as Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
* Full lifecycle experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
* One (1) or more years of MVC framework experience; STRUTS, SPRING MVC, JSF.
* One (1) or more years of PL/SQL experience.
* J2EE/Java performance testing and tuning experience.
* Experience working with Oracle databases.
* Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD and design patterns.
* Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications.
* Good understanding and working knowledge on Software Development methodologies(Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
* Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills.
* Experience with Maven or other build tool such as Ant.
* Experience with CVS or other source code control system.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
* Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and to hear.
* Must have close and classroom vision.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED