SOFTWARE ENGINEER IV 8/11/2016
Global Connection to Employment
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
The Software Engineer IV will design, develop, implement, and support business applications using Java technologies. Applies standard programming procedures and detailed knowledge of pertinent subject matter (e.g., work processes, governing rules, clerical procedures, etc.) in a programming area. Performs such duties as: develops, modifies, and maintains assigned programs; designs and implements modifications to the interrelation of files and records within programs in consultation with higher level staff; monitors the operation of assigned programs and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding. Recognizes probable interactions of other related programs with the assigned program(s) and is familiar with related system software and computer equipment. Solves conventional programming problems.
* Bachelor s degree with 10 or more years of experience. May substitute equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Eight (8) or more years of hands-on experience developing J2EE applications with J2EE.
* Excellent Java programming as well as Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills.
* Full lifecycle experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support. 5 or more years of PL/SQL experience.
* Experience with Web Services. 5 or more years of MVC framework experience like STRUTS, SPRING MVC, JSF. SQL experience on Oracle or other relational database.
* Experience with JUnit or other unit testing frameworks such as TestNG, JMock, or DBUnit. J2EE/Java performance testing and tuning experience.
* In-depth knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems including knowledge of data modeling concepts, ERD design and development.
* Extensive experience working with Oracle databases.
* Strong experience in developing enterprise Java solutions following standard/best practices including SDLC, OOAD and design patterns.
* Experience in the design, development and implementation of batch applications.
* Good understanding and working knowledge on Software.
* Development methodologies(Waterfall, RUP, AGILE/SCRUM).
* Proven experience building Java-based solutions for highly available and scalable systems on HP/Sun Unix platforms.
* Demonstrated analytical and Problem Solving skills.
* Experience with Maven or other build tool such as Ant.
* Experience with CVS or other source code control system.
* Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
* Must be a US Citizen.
* Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
* Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
* Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; must be able to reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to communicate verbally and to hear.
* Must have close and classroom vision
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED