SOFTWARE PRODUCT MANAGER
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
SGI is a global leader in high performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation, and profitability.
Software Product Manager responsible for hands-on product management of key SGI software and 3rd party software partners. For SGI software products, primary activities include product planning and management through product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining product vision, competitive analysis and working collaboratively with engineering, sales, product marketing, corporate marketing, manufacturing and support to develop and execute on product roadmaps and business plans. For 3rd party software products, partner management responsibilities include managing joint marketing activities and integrating 3rd party solutions into SGI s software portfolio.
Examples of additional responsibilities and proven experience needed:
* Analyze market and other research data
* Assess competitive products and strategies
* Develop comprehensive product presentations for external briefings and internal training purposes
* Deliver customer briefings
* Enable and train the sales force by clearly articulating product strategy, competitive positioning and long term product and solutions value
* Be the Subject Matter Expert on product and technology areas
* Influence cross-functional teams without formal authority with the goal to drive product content and schedule with the goal to optimize revenue and market impact.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Product Manager with a focus on software products High Performance Computing software experience is a plus.
* BS/BA in a technical degree such as Computer Science. MBA highly desired.
* Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong presentation skills up through executive level discussions. High proficiencies with Excel and PowerPoint are required.
* A fast problem solver, highly motivated and results-driven, with excellent time management and team working skills.
* Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time
SGI is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment through our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.