SPECIALIST, CLINICAL NUTRITION - 8 Hours
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsible for the comprehensive delivery of medical nutrition therapy using evidence based practice for Pediatric Endocrine patient population. Screens, assesses, implements nutrition care plans, documents, performs discharge planning and completes referrals for general patients, coordinates patient care attending Pediatric Endocrine physician, adheres to departmental and hospital policies and procedures
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Demonstrated clinical experience/competency in specialty area through one year experience in the specialty area, certification, and/or CEUs.
* Demonstrated competency in Diabetes and Pediatric Endocrine nutrition planning and cae
* Demonstrated competency in evaluating/planning nutrition care for common and rarely seen disorders.
* Acts as a consultant to colleagues and peers in their area of specialty to optimize patient care.
* Informs and educates staff of current developments in their specialty area.
* Provides input into department protocols for nutrition care.
* Communicates with and obtains information from the patient, family members, and significant others and uses this information to ensure patient-focused care and patient involvement in decision-making, following HIPPA guidelines.
* Obtains comprehensive data on individual patients personal, medical/health histories including anthropometric, lab results, medications, demographics and activity/exercise.
* Obtains nutrition history.
* Determines nutrient and energy requirements.
* Identifies and reviews possible food/medication/herb interactions.
* Analyzes and interprets nutrition and health assessment data, identifies nutrition-related problems and sets priorities for nutrition intervention.
* Formulates nutrition care plans. Establishes follow-up plans and continues providing nutrition care to obtain appropriate clinical outcomes.
* Educate patient, family members, and significant others about diet modifications for home and individualizes plan to meet specific needs, food preferences, and usual eating pattern.
* Communicates with health professionals in the community as needed.
* Documents initial and follow-up nutrition health assessments in the medical record according to department standards-utilizing EPIC.
* Integrates nutrition recommendations with other aspects of patient care by participating in interdisciplinary discussions focused on patients.
* Educates other health care professionals about the positive impact of appropriate nutritional care.
* Demonstrates competencies required by specific area of work / identifies competencies in specialty area and provides competency-based training to colleagues..
* Participates in Department and Hospital activities.
* Actively engages in process improvement to advance the delivery of nutrition care with limited resources.
* Develops professional portfolio consistent with area of practice and seeks continuing education activities to maintain competence.
* Demonstrates ability to change patients nutrition behavior for positive health outcomes.
Registered Dietitian Commission on Dietetic Registration required
Licensed Dietitian Commonwealth of MA required
Advanced Certification required
MS in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related subject required
(Incumbents who do not have a Masters degree are grandfathered with 5 or more yrs of progressively responsible clinical experience)
2 years clinical experience required
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.