SPECIALTY PHARMACY LIAISON - HAMDEN - ROTATING D/E/WE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/7/2016
Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position will support the management of patients requiring Specialty Pharmacy Medications. Providing prior authorization services, including insurance benefit investigation, copay assistance, foundation support, and insourcing the dispensing function of Specialty Medications. This position will require ordering the Specialty medications and deliver to individuals as required.
* 1. Identification and qualification of patients eligible for medication patient assistance programs and foundations. Interfaces with program administrators for reimbursement assistance programs sponsored by the drug manufacturer. Tracks, documents, and reports out cost savings associated with patient assistance drug recovery programs and provides updates to pharmacy management. Provides manufacturer coupons to patients, if available.
* 2. Assists the pharmacist in all operational activities of the pharmacy in order to optimize customer satisfaction and maximize profitability of the pharmacy. The specific duties would include customer relations, computer and prescription filling, drug orders and inventory, marketing, accounting and any supportive tasks involved with workflow. Responsible for policies and Proceedures (as they pertain to operations, quality assurance, goals and priorities).
* 3. Customer Service- communicate with patients in a friendly, welcoming manner with greeting provided by management. Completion of updating accurate demographic information such as address, birthdate, insurance information and allergies. Provide appropriate waiting time via telephone or in person. Responsible for finding a patients insurance information if the patient is unable to provide. The \\"Service for Excellence\\" mission provided by YNHH is the main focus. Awareness of all of the \\"non-negotiables\\" (10/5 rule, no venting, library voices, AIDET and the Pledge to Service of Excellence).
* 4. Computer and prescription filling- demonstrates proficiency in cross-funtional areas of the department, including (but not limited to) QS/1, Mckesson ordering process, Epic, Therigy, Emdeon, Macro Helix, Employee Self Service and the DSS website. Responsibilities also include awareness of specific programs (MAP, Workers Comp, Columbus House, etc) and how to process prescriptions within these programs. Responsibility for regulatory awareness and reporting of medication errors.
* 5. Drug Orders and Inventory - accumulate information on prescription drugs needed. Place and transmit orders daily into Mckesson. Review reports from Macro Helix and the management of our 340B inventory. Report any discrepencies to management and review weekly for prescriptions not picked up and return to stock every 14 days. Review backordered items to see if another source can be ordered. Review and verify 340B reports.
High School Diploma or equivalent required with additional broad training in fields such as medical office administration, pharmacy technician, social services or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of associate's degree program, or pharmacy technician program.
3-5 years of retail pharmacy technician experience, specialty pharmacy technician experience preferred. Experience with direct patient counseling and excellent customer service skills are required.
Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician and Registered with the CT Board of Pharmacy
Strong customer service skills and independant problem solving is a requirement. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask/change tasks frequently and quickly. Knowledge of drug products preferred. Knowledge of requirements of the pharmaceutical industries Medication Patient Assistance Programs is helpful. Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.