SPF Flock Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Charles City, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Under the oversight of the Manager/TL, Veterinary Services and the SPF Operator Leader, this position is responsible for feeding, watering and medicating the SPF Flock; keeping the egg house and equipment clean and sanitary; collecting, sanitizing and delivery of eggs.
* Maintain biosecurity
* Communicate regularly with the SPF Flock manager and SPF Operator Leader
* Poultry husbandry, including but not limited to, feeding, watering, medicating chickens to ensure flock production standards are met
* Keep egg house and equipment clean and sanitary
* Maintain flock records according to site policies and procedures
* Collect and sanitize eggs in order to provide clean SPF eggs for manufacturing use
* Delivery of eggs to off-site preincubation
* Responsible for housekeeping and basic maintenance
* Availability for alarm response 24/7
* Monitor flock for health issues and report concerns to the SPF Flock manager and/or SPF Operator Leader
* Collect blood from chickens weekly
* Check equipment and perform minor repairs
* Monitor and maintain feeders, waterers, medicators, house temperatures, bird weights and condition
* Remove dead birds
Perform all other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Good mathematical, science and computer skills preferred.
* Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills required.
* Strong communication skills required.
* Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills beneficial.