SQA Engineer II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20160830-8174-MS
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
Are you awed by the destructive power of Earthquakes and Hurricanes and have you ever wondered how people predict and mitigate the risk associated with these and other such seemingly random catastrophes* Are you ready to unleash your scientific and analytical skills in the pursuit of this daunting challenge* Can you work collaboratively with a risk modeling team considered to be the scientific leaders in our industry* Your success at AIR is measured by your consistent track record of ensuring the fidelity numbers and the exacting quality that our business partners expect. Do you enjoy stretching the limits of technology and software engineering in delivering robust solutions to the Insurance and Financial sector* There is never a dull moment or dearth of multiple of priorities chugging at you. Your success is gauged not by how well you do one thing at a time, but how adept you are at managing your time and many projects concurrently. Can you demonstrate your ability to harness modern database & automation technologies* Have you mastered the myriad of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes*
If you are willing to make that leap, come explore this challenging opportunity as an SQA Engineer II at AIR Worldwide.
The bottom line is that if you are an individual who cares passionately about quality and knows how to consistently beat customer quality expectations, this position offers you an excellent opportunity for professional and technical growth with a unique synergy of science, finance and cutting edge software and hardware technologies. The pathways to growth within and outside the organization are outstanding and expansive.
* Graduate or Undergraduate degree in engineering, science or mathematics from a reputable academic institution with excellent credentials
* Our solutions are complex and computationally challenging and so we are looking for people with a 4+ year track record of quality assurance in scientific or financial analytics software
* The process of ensuring the accuracy and reliability of our solutions requires extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality
* We are a fast paced and rapidly evolving company that demands agility and innovation in delivering high quality products on time
* Automation is the lifeline for meeting the complex and large size of our applications, so experience and expertise with commercial automation tools is essential
* Experience in devising creative methodologies to ensure the validation of complex multi physics concepts is essential
* Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate complex technical issues and be ready to make coherent presentations of your findings to review groups
* Thorough understanding and hands on experience with relational databases such as MS-SQL, with ability to mentor and train others; SQL scripting is an integral part of quality assurance activities at AIR
* Superior verbal and written communication skills, in order to interface with cross-functional teams that are talented, culturally diverse, global and widely varying technical skillsets
* Knowledge and thorough understanding of product development life cycles to ensure the critical role of quality assurance teams
* Logical and clear thinker having made process driven decisions
* As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team, you will deliver detailed plans and milestones and be ready for intense peer reviews by cross functional teams
* Mentor junior members of the team in a highly collaborative environment
* Acquire and or demonstrate domain knowledge in the insurance domain and lead functional specification reviews
* Provide leadership and direction in the tools, processes and use of quality metrics
* Ensure that products meet exacting requirements for accuracy and explicit and or implicit validation of scientific/ financial methodologies
* Implement and/or expand use of automated testing practices throughout the SDLC
* Create and manage performance, scalability and stress testing methodologies and metrics for the entire range of user experience and product family
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.