SQL DBA 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Database Administrator
* Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. // Dataguard
*. Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. // DBA, DBMS design and support
* Very Strong. 5 YRS. // Linux
*. Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. // Oracle Goldengate
*. Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. // Oracle RAC
* Very Strong. 4 YRS. // Oracle upgrade - backup and recovery
*. Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. // RMAN
* Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. // Unix
*. Moderately Strong. 3Yrs. //
NICE TO HAVE: BachelorDegree
*Yes Microsoft Sequel Server
* Expert.. 4 Yrs. Open Source
*. Expert. 4 Yrs. Reporting tools
* Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. Teradata
* Expert. 4 Yrs. Unix shell scripting
* Moderately Strong. 3 Yrs. Responsibilities: Overall Purpose: Designs and supports database applications and systems performance (e.g., reliability, recoverability), installation, maintenance, and upgrade.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Provide operational database support for databases on many different DBMS (database management systems) and software levels.
2) Utilize a wide variety of DBMS features, on many different operating system platforms for applications of differing complexities, disaster priority, mission critical designation, strategic initiatives, degree of standardization, practices, and usage of third party software.
3) Manage databases in complex environments for high priority applications.
4) Support database operations (e.g, integrity, security, confidentiality of the database instances, database backups and recoveries, configuration files, operating system account and system level schemas, tablespaces, patches, database upgrades, bugs and workarounds, vendor support process, documentation, new release features and enhancements, special features associated with the physical DBMS (such as clusters), applications consultation, SQL tuning and object management, automation).
5) Design and installation of database environments and databases.
* Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in SQL Server and Oracle database platforms
* Manage MS SQL Server database environments
* Only use approved technologies when developing systems and adhere to department, industry and regulatory standards
* Provide support for your solutions, including analysis, issue tracking and resolution. Take pro-active ownership of support tasks and see them through to completion
* Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization. Work within project timelines and budgets. Be able to organize own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule
* Excellent working knowledge of the functionality and capabilities of MS SQL Server (2005 through 2014)
* Database Administrator and very strong SQL Developer with excellent T-SQL and experience of SQL Server Integration Services and strong knowledge of ETL techniques
* Good experience of large-scale data migration projects with multiple data sources and familiar with Extract-Transform-Load patterns and processes
* Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
* Establish SQL coding standards, naming conventions, & data access policies
* Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
* Monitor index utilization
* When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
* Code-review and mentoring other developers and the other members of the data team Qualifications: Education/Experience Requirements:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Management or related STEM field preferred.
* 1-3 years Microsoft SQL Server experience with advanced T-SQL, writing stored procedures, views and triggers. Creating Indexes and constraints.
* Strong background in data modeling, data management and data manipulation, code management and version control Skills and Required Knowledge:
* Working with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
* Strong knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
* Deployment of SSIS Packages and SSRS reports
* Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Database performance tuning, knowledge of execution plans and indexing strategies
* Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
* Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
* Effective designing of databases including: logical & physical data design, tables, normalization techniques, relationships, primary & foreign keys, and data types,
* Extensive experience writing and performance tuning of T-SQL queries