SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is a leading provider of enterprise systems management, solutions engineering, applications development, information assurance, computer network defense and cybersecurity for The Department of Defense, Department of Homeland security and other federal agencies. NetCentrics is looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) to support our team in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret security clearance and eligible for a TS/SCI.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
* Focus on addressing day-to-day management, support, and troubleshooting activities of the SQL environment
* Provide database administration support, oversee environment management, monitor database health (e.g. proactive and reactive responses)
* Provide resource planning, perform database upgrades and patching
* Provide backup/recovery, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
* Develop and manage daily operational procedures
* Provide Production database support based on team coverage and pager duty responsibilities
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Administration
* Must have a strong understanding of SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014)
* Experience with Oracle technology is a plus
* Must have a Secret clearance and be eligible for TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain a Security+ Certification within the first 3 months of employment
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
NetCentrics, a Haystax Company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.