SQL Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Rock Hill, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR for our client in ROCK HILL, SC
JOB TITLE: SQL DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
JOB LOCATION: ROCK HILL, SC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
PERFORM MAINTENANCE, UPGRADES, ARCHITECTURE AND PERFORMANCE TUNING OF SQL DATABASES WITH INCLUDE 4 PRODUCTION SERVERS AND ASSOCIATED TEST SERVERS:
* Consult with customer to determine cost / benefit of upgrading to newer versions of sql. Depending on outcome of consultation, either upgrade sql to current service packs or upgrade to new versions of sql
* Track database growth trends as well as data consistency and corruption.
* Perform regular and advanced performance tuning activities including monitoring i/o bottlenecks, index usage, log files, and memory limits.
* Analyze unencrypted databases and determine the best method for encrypting.
* Analyze our current backups and determine if it is the best strategy.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working with existing application analyst and managed by the applications manager, identify and complete tasks associated with administering the sqldatabases, which include performing maintenance, upgrades, and performance tuning of our existing sqldatabases.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Experience with database administration for mssql (2008 r2, 2012)
* Experience with encryption
* Experience in performance tuning and optimization
* Experience with backups
* Good communication and documentation skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* Solarwinds, it security, mcts for sql
* 5 years of experience working with various database management systems in database design, testing, maintenance and administration in a sql environment
* Preferrededucation/certifications: associate in science or greater