- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
SQL Programmer/ Health
SQL PROGRAMMER/ HEALTH
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers four locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, Seattle, Washington and a Bay Area office in Oakland, California. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ is seeking a full-time SQL Programmer/Research Associate who is highly proficient in the application of SQL programming to administrative health data. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Claims data. Primary responsibilities include performing a variety of tasks related to data collection, statistical and qualitative data analysis, report writing, and data manipulation.
* Converting datasets among SQL, SAS, STATA, mainframe databases and other formats
* Extracting, recoding, merging, and de-duplicating datasets
* Performing outlier analyses, handling missing data, and creating analysis variables
* Performing statistical analyses
* Creating customized reports of data analysis results
* Creating presentation quality computer generated data listings, summary tables and data collection studies
* Participating in proposal preparation
* Performing other related duties as assigned
* Undergraduate degree required, Master s Degree preferred
Knowledge and Experience
* Highly experienced in writing programming code to produce logic checks, derived datasets, summary tables, and figures for data collected via project work
* 5-10 years SQL experience
* 3-5 years experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Claims data.
* 3-5 years experience working with CMS s IDR and CCW data repositories.
* Proposal preparation and management experience helpful
* Thorough knowledge of SQL is essential. SQL advanced certification preferred.
* Experience and proficiency with SAS preferred.
* Skilled in all aspects of data processing management
* Excellent organizational skills
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Able to learn quickly and work in a team, collaborative environment
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
CONNECT WITH US!
Not ready to apply* Connect with us for general consideration.
Please note, your application will not be submitted for this position if you close your browser before completing each section
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS