SQL Server Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Glen Burnie, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONEmployment opportunity (Direct Placement) for a MS SQL Database Administrator (MS DBA) for our customer in Glen Burnie, MD. . The selected candidate's principal responsibility will be providing application support services that involves the design, documentation, development, modification, testing, installation, implementation, and support of our client's databaseinfrastructure(s).
**Primary Responsibilities include**
* MS DBA support of MS SQL Server (2012), SSIS, SSRS, SQL Analytics, SQL scripting, .Net programming environment
* Backup DBA support of DB2 and/or Oracle
* Administration of environment that includes; clustering, mirroring, shadowing, performance tuning, capacity planning, and data replication.
* Analyze, design, develop and test utility and other programs to monitor or enhance system performance. Work with 3rd party optimication tools
* Conduct workflow analysis to determine application and software requirements
* Prepare documentation for application/database development to include project plans, workflow diagrams, deployment diagrams, data dictionaries and database inventory
* Maintain an infrastructure of test systems for production applications and coordinates refresh schedule for production to test replication
* Conduct research and evaluation activities for the enhancement or replacement of current applications and software programs deployed in the agency and prepares and presents findings and recommendations
* Ensure that all databases are backed up. Monitors, validates and authors appropriate policy in conjunction with current HIPAA and internal IT policies
(1) B.S. in Computer Science or 5+ years in the Information Technology field using skills stated herein.
(2) Expert knowledge (5+ years) in MS SQL Server (2012) to include:
* SSIS, SSRS, SQL Analytics
* SQL scripting
* .NET Development environment
* Performance tuning
* Capacity planning
* Data replication
(3) Database management concepts and principles; diverse database architectures; data administration
(4) Specific knowledge of large scale project management and ability to work both independently and in a multi-disciplinary team setting
(5) Ability to communicate orally and in writing
(6) Demonstrated knowledge
(7) Exposure to .Net preferred
(8) Knowledge of DB2 and/or Oracle preferred (Optional)
(9) Healthcare Industry background is a Big PLUS
This is full time direct employment in Glen Bunie MD including salary full benefits including; A Pension, Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement, Holidays, Vacation and sik leave.