SQL Server Architect 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Must work on own w-2
The manager is looking for a SQL Server Architect to join the team. Working closely with the senior IT leadership. In this role, you will forge an overall SQL Server platform strategy and foundation for technical platforms. The candidate will be a hands-on Database Architect/Leader, having strategic and tactical responsibilities in conceiving, constructing and maintaining a world-class information system platform. Define future direction roadmaps for SQL
* Ability to Develop architectural roadmaps and provides expertise on platform architecture
* Ability to align architectural roadmaps with business strategies and objectives.
* Provides expertise on best practices, standards, architectural approaches for platform architecture processes.
* Oversees quality improvement efforts in platform architecture and ensures that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable
Provide Expert Knowledge in the following areas:
o Database Administration
o Database Monitoring
o Database Performance
o Patch Management
o Compliance Management + Reporting
o Security Management and configuration
o Backup and recovery
o Ability to lead distributed teams
o Ability to set, uphold and improve practices within the team
o Ability to manage change and resolve conflict
o Ability to set personal goals, monitor progress and instill accountability
o Well-versed with enterprise architecture methods
o Security concepts, including Authorization and Authentication
Additionally below knowledge and experience is highly desired.
* Demonstrable detailed understanding of architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
* Highly motivated by creating business value through the effective use of technology
* Utilizes research and self learning to ensure technical credibility
* Experienced with SQL Server 2012 and higher
* Senior Level Technical Problem Solving / Troubleshooting Skills
* Detailed knowledge of SQL Server internals, database design,
* Hands on experience with Large Terabyte Size databases.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Deployment and upgrade of SQL Server engine & clients
* Experience with DTS, SSIS Packages, T-SQL, SQL Reporting Services ,Analysis Services
* Logical and Physical database design, performance, scalability and tuning reviews/assessments
* Experience with all types of SQL HA and Replication technologies including Always ON
* Hands on experience with Backup recovery and DR strategies.
* SQL Monitoring Tools like SCOM, Confio/Solarwinds
* Windows operating system knowledge as it pertains to SQL databases, server performance and security
* Good knowledge in network concepts