SQL Server DBA
This is Irshad Beg from META DIMENSIONS INC. and I have an urgent position for SQL SERVER DBA with one of my clients.
Let me know how soon we can discuss about this position and also send me an updated copy of your resume in word format and the desired Salary you are looking for yourself ASAP.
TITLE: SQL SERVER DBA
LOCATION: ALLENTOWN, PA
DURATION: FULL TIME
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
* Work with internal clients and teams to support the strategic goals of the organization and to evaluate, recommend and implement appropriate software & hardware systems design and architecture.
* Manage the status of multiple Microsoft SQL environments and database instances. This includes system resource monitoring, backup activities, tuning and disaster recovery planning.
* Provide supervisory/mentoring oversight to junior team members.
* Ability to develop advanced level SQL and .Net code in support of DBA activities and as part of development project assignments.
* Establish working relationships with technical, business and sourcing counterparts.
* Lead and participate in development / engineering projects.
* Act as technical lead within a team or lead focused projects independently.
* Perform necessary database upgrades and patches.
* Analyze database & system response time and determine tuning recommendations to improve performance.
* Install Microsoft SQL server (2003 to 2012) software, service packs and supporting development and administration tools.
* Develop processes and standards for Microsoft SQL server upgrades.
* Implement security procedures and auditing measures in conjunction with HNL's information security officer.
* Provide patch/release analysis and guidance, apply and validate relevant updates
* Manage Windows 2003 to 2012 Server database components across multiple environments.
* Document activities and work according to SOPs / Policies.
* Develop full suite of documentation as it relates to the customer-servicing database infrastructure (Work Instructions, Standards, policies and procedures, etc.)
* Perform 24x7 advanced tier troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance and optimization activities, problem resolution, and on-call Project support.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences or related field of study or equivalent with 10 years in information systems (Development or Engineering with DBA responsibilities), at least 4 in management experience within the health care or pharmaceutical industry. Clinical laboratory experience is helpful.
* Experience with Agile development methodologies. The ability to convert complex software solutions into well-written technical design documents. Understanding of validation requirements for GLP software development. Demonstrated development and architecture experience for Business Intelligence / Data Mart / Data Warehouse implementation and support. Demonstrated experience using advanced .NET / J2EE / XML / Web Services programming skills in multi-tiered and integrated systems / solutions. Understanding of the use application of software and integration design patterns. Experience with relational database systems (e.g. Oracle, SQL), and client-server architecture. 3+ Years' experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts. *NIX experience highly desirable but not required (e.g. RedHat Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.).
* Ability to understand and diagnose client-server architecture
* Strong understanding of high availability protocols and architecture
* Strong knowledge of enterprise operating systems (e.g. Windows Server, Linux)
* Experience with hardware architecture deployment, capacity planning and sizing solutions to meet performance, scalability, and reliability requirements
* Understanding knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware ESX and Citrix XEN)
* Experience in creating, supporting and optimizing architecture to support enterprise applications (e.g. SQL, Exchange, etc.)
* Demonstrated ability in working with technical staff and contract resources to follow through with detailed assignments with minimal supervision
* Experience working with SaaS systems such as Salesforce, Workday, or similar systems a plus.