SQL Server DBA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: SQL SERVER DBA
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
Citizenship Status: US Citizen preferred; Green Card will be considered
HPE is seeking an experienced SQL Server DBA resource to assist HPE efforts for the MA SEC project. The person who is chosen must be on site 5 days a week in Boston, MA.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO:
* Provide database administration services in support of the Secretary of the Commonwealth's web applications, which include Lobbyist, Corporations, UCC Filings, Bookstore, Rules and Regulations, and Voter Registration Systems.
* Creating and maintaining database documentation, such as data dictionaries, entity relationship diagrams, data models, and stored procedures.
* Install, configure, upgrade and maintain databases on Windows (preferred) or other platforms.
* Administer database users, manage database objects, and configure client network.
* Perform logical and physical database design.
* Implement and enforce security for all the databases.
* Perform database monitoring and tuning using DMVs, Perfmon, profiler and other tools.
* Perform database refreshes of Development and QA databases.
* Work with the application development team on production release deployments.
* Provide support and consultation to the application development team in all database related areas including table and index design and creation and SQL tuning.
* Install and configure DBA management tools.
* Troubleshoot and correct database issues in an efficient and timely manner.
* Perform backup and recovery of databases.
* Support all nightly database maintenance and administration jobs.
* Maintain all production job scripts assigned to the database team.
* Proactively monitor databases and identify potential problems.
* Enforce all database architecture and relevant procedures according to established policies.
* Create, troubleshoot and deploy SSIS/SSRS solutions for data exports/imports and reporting needs.
* Familiarity with Microsoft clustering SQL databases and disaster recovery solutions.
SKILLS REQUIRED (PROVIDE SPECIFIC DETAILS AROUND TOOLS, CLIENT ENVIRONMENT, CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED, ETC): MUST HAVE
* 5+ years Database Administration experience; should have experience in test, development and production instances.
* In-depth knowledge of SQL server 2008/2012 and above with SSIS/SSRS.
* Experience with migration of SQL2000/2005 to newer versions.
* Ability to execute performance monitoring and necessary adjustments.
* Excellent knowledge of backup and recovery scenarios and backup tools.
* Highly self-motivated individual who has the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to think strategically with technical vision; proven project management and leadership skills; attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
* Oracle experience a plus.