SQL Server DBA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTION_SQL SERVER DBA:_
Our client is an industry leader in the financial industry and is seeking an SQL Server Database Administrator. Will be responsible for design, installations, monitoring, maintaining, and performance tuning of production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. Will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
* At least 4 years of experience involving: installation and deployment of databases via SQL Server; creation and automation of backup plans; testing disaster recovery scenarios; managing database security; performance tuning, data modeling, and scripting; Transact SQL and DTS.
* Must have strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices and working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and Reporting Services.
* Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience is required.
* Database Encryption Technologies experience is preferred.
* Other background necessary for this position: project management skills, ability to learn and maintain a good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives, knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws, good written and oral communication skills, strong technical documentation skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to conduct research into database issues, standards and products as required, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language, strong customer service orientation.
* Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) a strong plus.
* Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
* Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
* Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
* Install and configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity.
* Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
* Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
* Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
* Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
* Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
* Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
* Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business user needs.
* Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
* Perform database transaction and security audits.
* Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
* Develop routines for end-users to facilitate best practices database use.
* Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
* Provide support after hours, weekends, and holidays as needed. On call rotation.
SALARY: $90-110K + bonus (3 weeks vacation, paid parking)
LOCATION: Fort Worth, TX