SQL Server DBA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Oak Brook, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Sr. DBA is a member of the IT Database Technology team and is responsible for directly supporting the daily administration of the SQL Server and Oracle DBs used at Hub Group in Hub's Data environment including Data Warehouse, EDI, TPS and other business applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Provide thought leadership on database architectural design of existing and new systems, database administration, performance monitoring tuning, troubleshooting problems and expansion.
* Evaluate and implement products to enhance existing database solutions (reduce costs, improve efficiency, improve performance).
* Review, enhance and develop backup and recovery strategies depending on SLA requirements.
* Capacity planning and monitoring database growth.
* Develop, maintain, and administer complex ETL using SQL Server (SSIS).
* Design, maintain and ensure High Availability solutions including replication, clustering etc.
* Design, implement and document Disaster Recovery strategies for critical business servers.
* Perform capacity planning work on Production, UA, QA, DEV and DR environments.
* Research improvements to improve overall system performance.
* Participate in 24 X 7 Support of production environment and mission-critical applications with the Database Technology team on a rotational schedule.
* Communicate and coordinate with other Hub IT teams to successfully resolve support and maintenance issues.
* Develop and enforce database standards and best practices including performance, security, monitoring policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
* S. in Computer Science or similar field, M.S. or MBA preferred.
* 10+ years experience developing, maintaining and administering MS SQL Server databases.
* 2+ years developing, maintaining and administering Oracle 9g/10g/11g/12c databases.
* Experience configuring SQL Server replication required.
* Experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse products preferred.
* Experience with Data Modeling Tools as well as creating and maintaining data models preferred.
* ETL development experience with complicated SSIS Package coding and maintenance a plus
* Experience working with and managing SAN technology preferred.
* Goal driven, highly motivated, with a desire to take the lead and learn new skills.
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong customer service skills and passion to work through obstacles to produce results.
* Demonstrable technical thought leadership and influencing skills.
* Able to work in a projects-based, team environment.
* Proficient in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects, able to meet target completion dates.
* Able to be flexible and adapt to change.