SQL Server DBA 8/26/2016
Agile Global Solutions, Inc
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position: SQL SERVER DBA
Location: Santa Monica CA
Duration: 12 monthcontract; potential to extend or convert
RATE: $70/H ALL INCLUSIVE
-because the sole DBA, need to be very self directed. if were first or primary DBA in past, that's good but also need to be open to collaboration (issue with the last person). will be partnering with devops team too.
-absolute must have is virtual machine experience. (moving physical boxes to virtual machines)
-also expert SQL
-SSIS, SSRS isn't necessarily a must have b/c the data engineers have that knowledge. it's a bonus if they do have that
-interview: 30 min phone interview with sr. data engineer, then 2 hours onsite.
-can be a little flex on the rate, but depending on how high, may hurt their chances of being able to convert.
-ok if have sql development experience, but need to be at least 70% DBA
*must have experience moving physical servers to virtual
*must have experience with table partitioning
Our data team is seeking a highly talented senior SQL Server administrator with a strong technical background to improve the infrastructure of our rapidly growing database systems.
* Migrate existing SQL Server databases to new hardware
* Has experience moving multiple SQL Server instances from Physical to Virtual machines
* Upgrade SQL Server 2005 databases to SQL Server 2014
* 5+ years of data engineering experience with at least 2 years in a senior role.
* Extensive expertise with SQL Server 2005 and later
* Solid experience with optimizing hardware for database systems
* Solid experience with data integration toolsets and writing and maintaining ETL jobs.
* Experience with migration of multi-terabyte databases
* Senior level experience with SQL/TSQL and ability to create and tune queries.
* Experience with database administration skills like backup and recovery, mirroring/high availability, replication, table partitioning, and index tuning.
* 2-3 years of solid experience working with large data systems.
* Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.