SQL Server DBA (Sybase)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION1. Create, configure, backup and recovery of SQL Server databases.
2. Setup and configure SQL Server Log Shipping / Database Mirroring.
3. Configure SQL Servers for optimal security and performance.
4. Cluster Windows and MSSQL
5. Perform database migrations and upgrades to new versions.
6. Track down and troubleshoot database performance issues to ensure optimal performance of various applications and databases.
7. Perform capacity management at all levels of database hardware infrastructure; CPU, disk I/O, memory, user connections, etc
8. Support databases in a high transaction OLTP environment.
9. Develop processes/scripts to support the SQL Server environment from a system standpoint; ensuring smooth operations.
10. Maintain SQL Server transactional replication.
11. Perform routine database maintenance; indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures, etc
12. Ensure proper monitoring of SQL Server to maintain healthy environment.