SQL Server Database Administrator/Data Modeler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 3/1/2017
NTT Data Inc
New York City, NY
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a SQL Server Database Administrator/Data Modeler to join our team in Brooklyn, New York.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage requirements gathering and analysis for new and existing projects
* Support Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 databases across all environments
* Support Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 replication feature widely used by different applications
* Support Microsoft Windows 2003-2012 Enterprise Servers including configuration and maintenance
* Implement and support Microsoft Clustering Services both on the SQL Server and System levels
* Install and configure Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 and Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012 servers
* Monitor Microsoft SQL Server activity on a proactive basis and tune the system for optimal performance
* Create and manage SSIS packages
* Monitor and troubleshoot ETL jobs daily using BCP, DTSRUN, SSIS and other tools
* Maintain error and system maintenance logs
* Relational Data modeling; Data modeling tools
* Data mapping
* Operational data model knowledge
* Maintain Data dictionary
* Utilize DB2 relational system
* Connect DB2 in different ETL set up
Additional requested skills include:
* 7 years of experience in SQL Server in the setting up and configuring Microsoft SQL Server on Windows platform.
* 7 years of experience in SQL Server in managing and administering SQL Server database
* 7 years of experience in SQL Server Backup and Restore Strategy
* 7 years of experience in data modeling for data warehouse and data mart
* 7 years of experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* 7 years of experience in SQL Server Performance Tuning, Query Optimization
* 7 years of experience writing complex Stored Procedure and Functions in T-SQL
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college
* Project Management Professional Certification
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.