SQL Server Report Developer 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for SQL SERVER REPORT DEVELOPER for our client in COLUMBIA, SC
JOB TITLE: SQL SERVER REPORT DEVELOPER
JOB LOCATION: COLUMBIA, SC
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
REPORT DEVELOPER WITH EXPERIENCE IN DATA WAREHOUSE ARCHITECTURE.
Responsible for the overall design of the enterprise wide data/information architecture, which maps to the enterprise architecture and balances the need for access against security and performance requirements.
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
* DEVELOP DEFINED REPORTS USING DATA GENERATED FROM A TRANSACTION SYSTEM. THE TRANSACTION SYSTEM IS A C# .NET APPLICATION, UTILIZING WEB SERVICES AND SQL SERVER 2008 R2.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Candidate will provide required reports within defined timeframes.
* Candidate will assess the architectural options for reports given the current requirements as well as potential future needs based on stakeholders' vision statement.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* 6+ yrs developing automated reports using SQL based queries.
* 6+ yrs using SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS.
* 4+ yrs in report distribution processes (including PDF conversions, email utilities, dashboards).
* 4+ yrs building data models that support reportrequirements.
* Able to develop and interpret business requirements, develop technical specs, write code and develop test processes.
* Work closely with others in a team environment
* Able to work independently, self-motivated
* Excellent communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
* 2+ yrs .NET framework experience
* 1+ yrs Entity Framework experience
* Experience with XML
* Experience with XAML
* Experience with Silverlight 4 (or above)
* Experience with Unity frame work experience
* Bachelors in IT, Business or equivalent work experience