SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT / 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH - RENAL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Brigham and Womens Hospital is dedicated to:
serving the needs of our local and global community
providing the highest quality health care to patients and their families
expanding the boundaries of medicine through research
educating the next generation of health care professional
Brigham and Womens Hospital is committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham and Womens Hospital. Your work will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the following areas:
People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides direct, high-level support to Chief of Divisions of Renal Medicine and Engineering in Medicine. Also provides support to Administrative Director and Renal Medicine Clinical Chief.
* Position requires significant writing/editing expertise to assist with letters of recommendation, promotion packages, etc.
* Schedules appointments, meetings and conference call. Prepare agendas, take minutes and provide other supporting materials. Make detailed arrangements for meetings and seminars: room arrangements, refreshments, audio-visual aids, communications, guest speakers, and any other related details.
* Coordinates meetings and seminars including: room arrangements, refreshments, audio-visual aids, communications, guest speakers, and any other related details.
* Organizes office operations. Requisitions office supplies and equipment.
* Develops and implements innovative strategies for improved office organization.
* Serves as timekeeper for divisions
* Assist with CME programs including serving as liaison with Partners Continuing Professional Development Office.
* Develop and manage department distribution lists and broadcast important email communications to all staff. Maintain current knowledge of the Hospitals personnel policies and procedures.
* Process purchase orders, check requests and employee travel reimbursements as needed.
* Perform short and long-term special projects as assigned.
* Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
* Take initiative with all Chief endeavors and assist Operations Manager whenever possible.
* Work is highly complex, non-repetitive and often project oriented.
* Ability to problem solves and determine best course of action with little direction.
* Work on projects, coordinate work, take initiative using all available resources, follow through on issues when needed, apply knowledge as appropriate with little direction from Supervisor.
* Other duties, as assigned
Level of education required:
Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
Work experience required:
Minimum three years medical office or administrative support experience required.
Some additional training in office systems or other post high school education preferred. Associates Degree or higher level education preferred, but not required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
Knowledge of practice operations and standards.
Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
Highly proficient in all communication skills (phone, verbal and written). Ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise and professionalism.
- Strong organizational, coordination and judgment skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, following established protocols, and work within systems.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to use all applicable applications at highest competency level.
Ability to problem solves and troubleshoots. Ability to analyze a situation and determine best course of action within established guidelines.
Advanced understanding and use of medical terminology.
Advanced comprehension of billing and fiscal information.
Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
BWH Behavioral Competencies
1. People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Inclusiveness : Maintain an environment where individuals value and respect differences in all situations. Stand firm against intolerance and bias to create a welcoming environment and respect all individuals regardless of race, gender identity, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, religion, socio-economic status, or national origin.
Work effectively with others who have diverse perspectives, talents, roles, backgrounds and/or styles
Contribute to a positive team environment where differences are respected, supported and are free from stereotyping and offensive comments
Be professional when approached about behaviors that might be perceived as disrespectful
Open Communication: The ability to effectively articulate and receive information in a clear, concise and timely manner.
Practice active listening skills
Foster and maintain an environment that respects open dialogue, differences of opinion, as well as diverse communication styles
Ensure that information is shared in a clear, accurate, and timely manner using the appropriate communication method for your audience
Express oneself clearly and professionally in your verbal, non-verbal, written, and electronic communication
Building Collaborative Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build relationships between ones area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve organizational goals.
Take initiative to support others and build productive relationships that will lead to a cohesive workplace
Interact effectively with other team members, departments and customers to accomplish organizational goals
Organizational Awareness: Understand how ones own work affects the organization as a whole and demonstrate a commitment to the organizational goals.
Support and respect BWHs mission, vision, values and history
Understand and recognize how your individual role and department impacts the organization
2. Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Embracing Change: Demonstrate adaptability and openness to organizational changes needed to improve effectiveness and goals.
Support and positively participate in organizational and/or job specific changes
Initiate appropriate action when change is needed
Be flexible and open to new ideas
Adapt to shifting priorities
Learning Oriented: Predisposed to pursue learning opportunities even outside own comfort zone, one stays abreast of new tools and methods, rising to add value and build challenge in current assignments.
Demonstrate openness to learning from successes and