SR Cyber Security Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
American Systems is currently seeking a seasoned cyber
security professional to join our Cyber Security Team
near the Charleston South Carolina area.
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible
for the following:
* Develop and maintain A&A documentation in accordance
with applicable DoD and NIST policies to include but
not limited to the following: Plan of Action and
Milestones (POA&M), Security Assessment Plans (SAP),
* Assessment Reports (SAR), System Security Plans
(SSP), Information Assurance Vulnerability
Management (IAVM) Plans, etc.
* Perform system accreditation migrations from DIACAP
* Perform cybersecurity testing, analysis and
hardening on various technologies through the use of
manual DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides
(STIGs), Security Requirements Guides (SRGs) and
semi-automated assessment tools such as SCAP
benchmarks as well as internally developed scripts.
* Coordinate and execute Systems Test and Evaluations
(ST&E) events for regularly scheduled review cycles
as well as Independent Verification and Validation
(IV&V) events used for DIACAP and/or RMF
* Use the National Vulnerability Database (NVD) and
Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) to
provide quantitative values of systems security
* Utilize Cybersecurity tools including but not
limited to Assured Compliance Assessment
Solution (ACAS), Nmap, Wireshark, Burp Suite, etc.
* Author, customize and review internally developed
scripts and assessment to improve cybersecurity
* Travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites to perform cyber
security analysis efforts, assist with vulnerability
remediation and promote mitigation efforts.
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned
companies in the United States. Employer Ownership
means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other
with respect. Every member of our team has a vested
interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have
the same goals particularly in service to our
nation s War Fighters; providing, team-focused,
mission-essential support in challenging environments.
Being truly effective means pushing beyond basic
requirements. We build skilled and committed teams of
experts. We conduct our work with a sense of purpose;
loyal to the mission, our clients, each other and to the
long-term success of the company.
* Bachelor s degree in related field with 10+ years
of experience in IT with a minimum of 5+ years in IT
security. An equivalent combination of education,
certification, and experience may be considered.
* IAT III Level certification, CISSP preferred
* Knowledge of DIACAP and RMF processes and
* Ability to understand the impact of cybersecurity on
an information system and its organization and how
risks may affect goals and objectives.
* Ability to meet and communicate effectively with
management and technical staff.
* Knowledge of DIACAP and RMF processes and necessary
forms and artifacts.
* Experience with vulnerability scanners, STIG, NIST
SP, Retina, SRR, ACAS (Nessus).
* Experience with security hardening, and maintenance.
* Knowledge of cybersecurity regulations, and policy,
including federal mandates, FISMA, and
* Knowledge of NIST SP 800-30, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53,
800-53A, 800-60, and DoDI 8500 Series
* Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a
team or independently with little supervision or
* Professional oral and written presentation skills
* Attention to detail and effective problem-solving
Required Security Clearance :Candidate must have a
current SECERT security clearance.