SR MGR ACCOUNTING
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The North America Connectors Finance leader is a critical role providing financial oversight for the ADM Connectors' manufacturing plants located in Oceanside CA and Mount Joy, PA (USA) with dotted line responsibility in Hermosillo and Tecate (MX). To be successful in this role you will have experience managing financial close and reported processes, forecasting and budgeting as well as have experience with general ledger oversight. Including, but not limited to inventory accounting, capital expenditures, fixed asset accounting, manufacturing costs, and material purchase accounting in support of production
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter who is action and results oriented. This position is based in Oceanside CA reporting to the Director of Operations Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Oversee month-end close process through journal entry reviews, variance analysis to forecast/budget, and account reconciliation reviews
* Submit monthly forecasts with emphasis on developing earned hours in concert with backlog and bookings forecast, developing spend targets at a cost center level, developing direct and indirect spend based on discussions with operations and human resources. In addition, the plant controller will be responsible for forecasting inventory reserves, scrap and other cost of sales
* Provide financial leadership to the operations TEam in order to drive cost savings initiatives, financial analysis of significant investments to improve capacity, efficiency, and new product development
* Develop regular concise financial reports highlighting areas for improvement and areas of successful execution
* Maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and accounting policies focused on maintaining the strong control environment around inventory and fixed assets among other areas
* Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance (CPA or CMA preferred but not required)
* Prior experience in operations finance and accounting within a manufacturing plant (multi-plant experience a plus)
* Progressive management experience leading a finance organization
* Cost accounting experience and understanding of maquiladora structures preferred
* Functional experience with integrated ERP systems like SAP and proficient in Microsoft Excel
* Due to ITAR restrictions, US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident required