SR PHP Developer 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: SENIOR DEVELOPER
The Senior Developer position at financeGenius works with Enterprise SaaS platform to develop and review code, as well as, provide code analysis. The Senior Developer provides support to the QA Department and Business Analyst in gathering requirement and testing code. Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects and resources, and monitors project timelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with key stakeholders to determine systemrequirements for application development
* Reviews business requirements, define architecture and develop software/applications to specifications
* Develops PHP content based on approved layout and functionality of the business
* Verifies code written by 3rd party companies prior to adding to applications
* Troubleshoots and repairs errors in applications
* Develops unit test cases to run against completed code
* Provides analysis for new features within application
* Maintains and updates code documentation
* Maintains excellent job knowledge of the processes, products, systems, compliance and company information, as well as, continual professional development through personalized training with management, classes, conferences, seminars, workshops, etc
* Must have a Bachelor's degree in area of specialty or equivalent professional work experience
* 7+ years' experience in developing PHP/MySQL applications
* Understanding of SaaS architecture, Scrum/Agile and experience working with Amazon Web Services
* Experience with user interface design and implementation preferred
* Knowledge of Jquery, Web services, XML and Linux System Administration
* Experience with CMS applications
* Understanding of object-oriented concepts and design patterns
* AWS - Strong working knowledge of Amazon Wed Services suite of products (EC2, SES, S3, RDS, Application Hosting and Web Applications)
* Project Development and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to translate technical terminology to business terminology
* Ability to work independently to drive projects to completion with defined deadlines
* Must possess excellent planning, problem solving, analytical, organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal communication skills
* Must be detail-oriented with respect to documentation and execution
NICE TO HAVES:
Experience with project workflow tools like JIRA or Rally
Change of tasks, performing multiple tasks simultaneously, working with others as part of a team, and irregular schedule/overtime may be required at times.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet as in a normal office environment, infrequently moderate noise is experienced on the job site generated from machinery.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND WORK AIDS:
Computer workstation and/or laptop, phone, copier and fax.
Job description statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.