SR SUPPLY LIAISON 8/16/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Sr. Supply Liaison
* Supervises a team of four (4) Liaisons. Assists and supports the team with the monitoring of par-levels, organizing product, and all other Nursing requirements.
* Assists the Manager Clinical Support in the development of procedures for all inventory functions, to include, but not limited to: Lawson ordering, non-stock ordering, establishing par-levels, and monitoring usage.
* Manages the non-stock process for their team.
* Works with Nursing and department staff to identify opportunities for optimizing workflow operations.
* Adheres to established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety standards.
* Assists the Manager Clinical Support with monitoring product for expiration, quality, and standardization of products.
* Assists with the in-service of new product. Serves as a frontline contact for inventory discrepancies with Nursing Managers.
* Works closely with the Inventory Control Coordinator and the Shift Coordinators to ensure the daily workflow operations and quality assurances are in place.
* Functions as a team player assisting others in carrying out departmental duties and tasks.
* Coordinates special projects as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Associate Degree in Business/Computers preferred
* Minimum of 1-2 years previous health care industry or inventory control experience
* Must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external staff as well as external customers
* Must be capable of prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously with the primary focus on patient care
* Must be proficient in various PC applications (e-mail, Word, Excel, Lawson MMIS, etc.)
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.