SRH- Medical Service Representative, Charlestown Medical Clinic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Responsible for overseeing all activities associated with the scheduling of outpatients for the physician practice at the center. Coordinate the complete demographic and insurance intake, computerized registration, scheduling of patients and verifying the individuals' insurance coverage with a customer service oriented approach.
* Support is provided to other center team members by answering phones, assisting customers, and fulfilling any cross trained responsibilities.
* Support is provided to Medical Service Associate to ensure efficient workflow.
* Pre-registration, registration, insurance verification and scheduling are completed per center guidelines.
* Customer service and marketing is provided with phone support, center tours for patients and families, interviewing prospective patients, communicating with referral sources and maintaining adequate supply of marketing materials.
* Administrative duties such as answering the phone, confirming appointments, supporting insurance requirements processes, photocopying, typing, faxing, inventory of supplies, sorting mail and handling other administrative duties are completed per center guidelines.
* Insurance approvals and documentation are recorded in the medical record and computer system in accordance with center standards.
* Physician charging processes are completed and reconciled as assigned per center guidelines.
* Medical record setup, maintenance, and discharge are completed per center guidelines in a timely manner.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* High school graduate required.
* Associate degree preferred.
* Two years experience in a medical/physicians office setting required.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for pediatric to geriatric population.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.