SRH - Patient Service Associate, Framingham Outpatient Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
Provide administrative support for the outpatient therapy practice. Assist with coordinating administrative aspects of outpatient center including scheduling and pre-registering patients, copayment collection and interacting with patients, families, physicians and colleagues in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner.
1. Schedules, cancels and reschedules patient appointments as requested by patients and/or therapists. Manages wait list by calling patients on list to fill open appointments.
2. Greets patients and any visitors coming to the Center. Directs and assists patients . Instructs patients to sign in. Accepts co-payments from patients and completes appropriate procedure giving patient a receipt. Notifies therapy /medical staff of patient arrival for appointment.
3. Accepts and signs for any deliveries, or supplies.
4. Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
5. Answers telephone in a pleasant and courteous manner identifying oneself and the Center. Routes calls to appropriate personnel and/or takes messages in an accurate manner or transfer to voice mail system.
6. Provide coverage for other administrative staff as needed.
7. Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
8. PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in a related discipline preferred.
* One year experience in a medical/physicians office setting preferred.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.