SRH- Physical Therpaist, Network Float 9/16/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Provide physical therapy services to patients who have impairments, functional limitations, or disabilities resulting from injury, disease or other causes. Practice in collaboration with other members of interdisciplinary team. Educate patients, families and others. Direct and supervise support personnel. Manage technical, environmental, and financial resources effectively and efficiently.
* Physical Therapy needs are assessed and evaluated according to organizational and professional guidelines.
* Treatment plan reflects understanding of patients age and situation including discharge plan.
* Treatment plan is revised based on patient progress towards stated goals.
* Documentation is complete, timely and in accordance with facility and practice guidelines.
* Therapy and health care students are oriented, trained, and mentored to achieve stated performance expectations.
* Performance Improvement opportunities are identified and acted upon as appropriate to implement best practices.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program.
* A minimum of 3 years experience.
* Licensed (and in good standing) as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* BLS required.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with the English language.
* Basic skills in math and computer science.
* Appropriate knowledge of physical therapy evaluation and treatment techniques to manage the rehabilitation population.
* Effective problem solving skills for physical therapy evaluation, interpretation, treatment planning and execution taking into consideration patients age, psychosocial, cultural and religious background.
* Basic skills in teaching other and self assessment of learning needs, strengths, and professional goals.
* Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with patients and families using the theories of human growth and development, family systems, and cultural background.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule depending on hospital/program needs to provide patient care (evening, holidays, weekend and travel).
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.