SRH- Speech Language Pathologist, Charlestown Outpatient Center
Provide evaluation and treatment to patients of all ages with speech, language, cognitive-communicative, voice and swallowing disorders. Practice in collaboration with other members of interdisciplinary team. Educate patients, families and others. Direct and supervise support personnel. Manage technical, environmental, and financial resources effectively and efficiently.
* Speech, language, cognitive-communicative, voice and swallowing skills are assessed according to organizational and professional guidelines.
* Individually-tailored treatment plans reflect an understanding of patients age and situation including discharge plan.
* Patient status is reassessed and treatment plan is modified based on patient progress towards stated goals.
* Diagnostic findings and patient performance is documented in treatment program.
* Documentation is complete, timely and in accordance with facility and practice guidelines.
* Accurate billing is prepared to reflect care provided to patients.
* Speech Language Pathology and health care students are oriented, trained, and mentored to achieve stated performance expectations.
* Performance improvement opportunities are identified and acted upon as appropriate to implement best practices.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
* Masters Degree in Communication Disorders from an ASHA accredited university program required.
* 2 years in an outpatient setting.
* Licensed (and in good standing), or eligible for licensure, in Speech Language Pathology by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language Hearing. Association or meet educational requirements for certification or is completing Clinical Fellowship Year.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with the English language.
* Basic skills in math and computer science.
* Appropriate knowledge of speech language evaluation and treatment techniques to manage the rehabilitation population.
* Effective problem solving skills for speech language evaluation, interpretation, treatment planning and execution taking into consideration patients age, psychosocial, cultural and religious background.
* Basic skills in teaching other and self assessment of learning needs, strengths, and professional goals.
* Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury to self or patients. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with patients and families using the theories of human growth and development, family systems, and cultural background.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule depending on hospital/program needs to provide patient care (evening, holidays, weekend and travel).
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.