SSD-Marketing Services Intern (Summer 2017) - Dannon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 3/9/2017
The Dannon Company, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONDannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a SSD Industrial Services (Spring 2017) - Dannon in the United States (US) for Fort Worth, TX.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
As part of the North American SSD Indirect Spend team, the primary purpose of this internship is to support the Industrial Services Sourcing team, lead and delivers Industrial projects and support the compliance of the function.
The SSD Indirect Service Intern will need to have proven communication, collaborative, analytical and negotiation skills. The position will be based in Fort Worth, TX and will interact with various cross-functional partners, including Engineering, Maintenance, Manufacturing, and Global Purchasing, and will also interact with our external vendors.
* Launch & manage Industrial Services projects
The SSD Industrial Services Intern will be tasked with identifying & managing key sourcing initiatives in the manufacturing organizer. This will be accomplished by:
* Defining the scope and segment spend of the category
* Analyzing and benchmarking the current market to identify current and prospective supplier base
* Developing a needs analysis & supplier assessment criteria in conjunction with key stakeholders
* Creating, launching & analyzing the RFP process
* Providing final supplier recommendations
* Facilitate internal mapping of equipment and spend
* Survey suppliers and internal stakeholders to gather data on historical consumption and present equipment opportunities across all factories for targeted equipment category
* Analyze results & create presentations to share feedback both internally and externally
* Document results in database tool for benchmarking purposes
* Develop & implement a repeatable process for productivity tracking
The internship dates for this role are expected to be May July/August 2017.
The ideal candidate will be/possess:
* Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program with a major in Economics, Supply Chain, Finance, Risk Management or related business.
* Knowledge of the purchasing function with strong negotiation and communication skills
* Curious, open-minded, with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and be easily adaptable
* Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, matrix environment
* Proactive thinker - anticipates issues/opportunities & can work through multiple simultaneous projects
* Project management skills and behavior
* Team spirited; drives and lead change by engaging people
* Resilience, determination, and flexibility
* Comfortable in facing paradoxes or contradictions with resilience and tenacity
* Fluent in English
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. Join our team and Contribute To A Healthier World!
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Intern, Engineer, Database, Supply, Marketing, Entry Level, Engineering, Operations, Technology