STAFF ASSISTANT, III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 5/18/2017
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONIncumbent functions as assistant to Unit Chief, Faculty and Practice Manager or some combination of these individuals. Works fairly independently, receiving minimal supervision and guidance, but also accepts direction and seeks guidance as appropriate
Incumbent performs comprehensive secretarial services and routine administrative duties of a responsible and discretionary nature to support the assigned divisions and services, working with the Unit Chief and administrative management team. Incumbent possesses expert knowledge of office routine, machines, and information systems, as well as understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the assigned divisions/services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY (20 HOURS)
* Report directly to the Practice Manager and/or designee in Pediatric Nephrology and the Unit Chief of Pediatric Nephrology
* Ensure that professional staff are scheduled for Annual Career Conferences annually with Chief, collect and file ACC forms
* Assist in obtaining relevant information for Harvard Review SAC Materials
* Open and sort mail, highlighting important items. Initiate first response where appropriate and prepare replies for signature.
* Arrange the Holiday breakfast reservation every year
* Provide assistance with grant and manuscript submissions
* Submit all necessary documentation to process HMS students and observerships.
* Arrange and maintain a calendar for the renal Electives requests and inform the Medical Director.
* Coordinator and process requests for observers and non employee students
* Responsible for on boarding observers, non employees, resident/medical student rotators
* Maintain Chief of Pediatric Nephrologys Outlook calendar and make travel arrangements
* Maintain sufficient and orderly files of doctors credentials and licensures, and assist with re-credentialing activities
* Assist with updating the CVs for the providers
* Maintain protocol binders for research studies for Chief of Pediatric Nephrology
* Submit amendments and continuing reviews for Chief of Pediatric Nephrology studies
* Maintain sufficient and orderly files of doctors credentials and licensures and assist with re credentialing packets and ensure timely submission
* Prepare check requests and reimbursements for all physicians
* Work with Medical Director to prepare and distribute the on-call schedule and ensures updates are made in a timely fashion
* Attend Monday morning conference on the 1st Monday of the month to discuss administrative issues
* Send out the Transplant Meeting reminders
* Prepare the all CME documentation for In-Hospital Rounds or Conference Series
* List of each session for the entire conference with the date, topic title of presentation, primary presenter(s), length of activity, and risk management credit (where applicable). Include supporting content such as handouts or references if applicable.
* Collect the Conflict of interest resolution forms and disclosure forms for all presenters and planners.
* Send out the weekly announcements for the group with access codes.
* Assist with removing and adding users from the Radioisotpe Permits
* Mail and track kits for blood samples for research studies
* Other duties as assigned to support division
* Exceptional computer skills (including operating systems, word processing, powerpoint, database, electronic mail, internet, and spreadsheets) required.
* Good command of English language, including medical and scientific terminology.
* Exceptional organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
* Effective analytical skills
* Ability to make decisions quickly and independently.
* Excellent interpersonal/communications skills and political savvy to enable effective interactions with personnel at all levels of the organization and to appropriately represent the Chief/Director/Manager/Coordinator and the Department in a positive manner.
* Ability to take initiative, but also to accept direction and seek guidance appropriately.
* Is knowledgeable and compliant in all hospital, State and Federal regulatory requirements, including hospital policy and procedures (where applicable to the performance of the job), Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
* High School diploma required
* Associate/Bachelor Degree required in business or other related field strongly preferred
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.