STAFF ASSISTANT, III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
* Creates, coordinates, types, proofreads and edits letters, memos, meeting minutes, reports, manuscripts, correspondence, grant proposals and protocols at the highest level of proficiency. Uses dictation/transcription methods as appropriate.
* Incorporates data from existing information into spreadsheets/databases in an organized and presentable format. Provides weekly/monthly/yearly reports for various activities.
* Establishes and maintains office systems (i.e. filing system) and procedures of the unit, practice or department for smooth functioning of workflow. May prepare procedure manuals. Continually updates and improves office systems.
* Troubleshoots routine/non-routine problems including equipment malfunctions and takes measures to correct/handle issues.
* Designs, coordinates, and maintains all confidential files (this may include slide files to be organized for lectures, patient files, residency, or fellowship programs).
* Assists in the preparation of high quality presentation materials, including, but not limited to graphics, slides, etc.
* Reviews mail, answers when appropriate, and/or forwards to appropriate person.
* Performs general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing and filing.
* Assists with the orientation and training of new staff.
* Monitors the expense budget on an on-going basis, reconciles variance and follows through with appropriate fiscal personnel to make corrections. Tracks physician CME accounts and properly allocates expenses to these funds.
* May coordinate a services fellowship recruitment program.
* Processes reimbursement requests and check requests including travel-related documentation for faculty and EM leadership.
* Orders lab coats with appropriate embroidery for clinical staff.
* Coordinates emergency medicine student rotations and schedules necessary meetings and orientation.
* Assists in the development and organization of specialty-oriented CME courses that include clinicians from outside MGH coming here for education. Professional, high level printing and organization is required.
* Organizes and maintains routine and complex calendar management of physicians, division chiefs, and program leaders.
* Organizes and books travel arrangements for physicians and Emergency Medicine leadership. Seeks most efficient travel at the best possible price. Works with travelers to confirm plans and identify other options when necessary.
* Schedules EMS rotations for ambulance, EMS, EMT and paramedic students. Validates appropriate pre-screening and orientation.
* Processes on-boarding materials for non-employees and observers, including MIT and other outside groups or individuals. Keeps current with changing HR requirements for non-employees and observers.
* Monitors physician attendance at M&M conferences for CME credit.
* Undertake literature searches for journal articles as specified by physicians.
* Assist in CV preparation in HMS format for physicians seeking promotion and advancement.
High School diploma required. Three years administrative experience required.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Independent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
* Effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent judgment and understanding of political sensitivities.
* Ability to prioritize work and perform well under pressure.
* Team player able to assist and cooperate with the ED administrative/leadership team.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.