Staff R&D/Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 6/6/2017
We are seeking a Staff R&D/Product Development Engineer to join the Automotive Sensors Engineering team. As a Sr. member on the team, this individual will interact with customers by applying existing sensor solutions or customization of existing solutions for new applications. This person will provide technical support during the launch and introduction to production of said solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Self-dependent development / integration of automotive sensors, sensor modules and electromechanical components
* Project planning and team coordination
* Close cooperation with customers; also with internal and external suppliers
* Definition of materials and functions according customer needs and specifications
* Driving functional checks / simulations (magnetic simulations, moldflow analysis, mechanical analysis)
* Design & Development of packaged sensor solutions and electrical connectors including of all relevant documentation (drawings, specifications, feasibility commitments, FMEAs, compliance matrix, )
* Supporting Tooling/Manufacturing/Process Engineering for product realization
* Support the VA/VE (Value Analysis/Value Engineering) productivity initiative
* Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical / mechatronics/electronics/physics) or equivalent
* Min. 8 years of experience in mechanical or electronic design
* Comprehensive knowledge/experience in sensor technologies (position/magnetic, temperature, fluid level), magnetics a plus.
* Experience in overall systems definition and integration of position, temperature or fluid level sensors
* Strong team player with experience in working with cross-regional development teams
* Strong expertise or understanding in molding, stamping, assembly processes involved in electronic modules and automotive sensors manufacturing
* Wide Knowledge of GD&T(Both ASME and ISO standards) and Tolerance Stack up analysis
* Strong experience with Pro/Engineer CREO, PDM.link
* Knowledge of the APQP cycle for Automotive product development complying to TS 16949
* Strong communication skills
* Excellent project management and organizational skills
* Ability to challenge existing technical solutions and processes
* Ability to represent the engineering community with the customers