Staff RN - PICC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
The Staff RN-PICC provides quality nursing care to patients in the Medical Center through the use of assessment, communication, teaching, leadership and management skills; ensures patient privacy and dignity; may function in any of the following areas within the radiology department - interventional radiology, general diagnostic, computerized tomography, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, gamma knife and MR.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. *Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. *Initiates assessment and reassessment based on the patient's presenting problems/needs in accordance with Bryan Medical Center's procedures; monitors and records patient's condition before, during and after procedure.
3. *Administers appropriate non-sedation medications during patient's stay in radiology with proper documentation.
4. *Properly utilizes monitors, infusion pumps and other non-ionizing radiologic equipment during patient procedures; ensures departmental/facility safety policies and procedures are followed.
5. *Evaluates the patient's response to and effectiveness of nursing interventions; identifies life threatening arrhythmias and takes appropriate action.
6. *Maintains a sterile field.
7. *Reinforces instructions to family and patient of post-procedure precautions.
8. *Keeps blood and body fluids in check in accordance to OSHA and Medical Center guidelines.
9. *Incorporates cultural considerations into the plan/delivery of care.
10. *Accesses and administers drugs and biologicals that are pertinent to essential job functions in accordance with Medical Center procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Pediatric, Emergency, Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) certification preferred. Membership with the Infusion Nurses Society (INS) preferred.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.