This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details:
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
The Staffing Assistant is responsible for creating and updating schedules for nursing staff for each clinical unit. Communicates and collaborates with Nurse Managers, Administrative Managers, and other Staffing Assistants to anticipate and meet daily staffing needs based on acuity, patient care needs and census. Maintains staffing office records. Reports to Nurse Manager-Nursing Support. May receive assignments and direction from the VP of Patient Care/CNO, Nursing Director and/or Nurse Managers.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. Assists and provides Administrative Managers with appropriate use of staffing resources; makes staffing decisions in the absence of the Nurse Manager-Nursing Support, following the staffing and scheduling procedure, and in the case of a staffing emergency.
3. Notifies affected employees and clinical units of staffing decisions by assigned deadline.
4. Continually reassess staffing needs throughout the day to provide the Administrative Managers with optimal information to make cost-effective staffing decisions.
5. Communicates illness/absences to the Administrative Manager and the clinical area in a timely manner.
6. Performs daily reconstruction of prior 24-hour staffing records to ensure accurate record management.
7. Maintains past staffing records to ensure availability of employee information as needed for future reference.
8. Inputs and maintains accurate information of all Nursing Service employees in computerized database.
9. Prepares staff schedules for assigned nursing units, Administrative Managers and Staffing Assistants allowing for school schedules, in-house workshops, diverse family schedules and special requests.
10. Schedules staff in a fair and equitable manner following Medical Center's staffing procedure and utilizing available resources as necessary.
11. Partners with Nurse Managers of self scheduling units and their self-scheduling committees to achieve the best possible schedule by:
* Preparing a timeline to ensure schedules are produced in a timely manner;
* Providing the necessary tools for the Nurse Managers; schedules through ClairVia generated with R/O, weekend makeups owed, holidays off, weekend rotations, etc.
12. Functions as a resource person to nursing management and staff for Medical Center's policies and procedures pertaining to staffing; provides guidance for units that do self-scheduling to ensure Medical Center's staffing procedures are followed.
13. Maintains current and future holiday rotations.
14. Develops and maintains a system for tracking employee illnesses/absences/leaves for Nursing Service's clinical areas; provides Nurse Manager with monthly information on illness/absences of their staff through the Nursing Monthly Staffing reports.
15. Creates timelines for the Staffing Office and others as needed to ensure assignments are done on time.
16. Creates, maintains and updates low volume and extra shift hours worked for all staff in nursing service clinical areas.
17. Provides all nursing units with current phone lists of their respective employees.
18. Develops, maintains and updates nursing unit disaster call lists quarterly.
19. Creates processes/forms to collect and maintain statistical data for budgetary purposes for fair and equitable staffing and new program effectiveness.
20. Formulates reports/responses for Nursing Services or other hospital departments for staffing information/statistical data.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalency required. Additional coursework in Nursing, Computer Science or related field of study preferred. Prior experience with staffing or scheduling in a healthcare setting preferred.
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.