STRATEGIC SOURCING ANALYST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
We are looking to bring a STRATEGIC SOURCING / COMMODITY MANAGER to negotiate contracts, manage supplier relationships, manage projects, conduct supplier selection, commodity management, and other strategic sourcing responsibilities. Support buyer/planner activities to ensure supply and corporate goals are met. . Provides leadership and training to peers and other employees. Coordinates with other functions and business units, driving alignment and gaining active support.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Manages commodity and implementation teams in delivering supply chain strategies within project timelines. Understanding of strategies, risk and opportunities within assigned commodities.
* Supports global / regional procurement initiatives as well as leads site-level initiatives for supplier management, supplier quality & supplier performance improvement.
* Execution: Follow up, measure overall performance of supplier. Drive suppliers to meet TE DLPM, Ship to Confirmation, Ship to Request, and Conduct negotiations / Value Engineering projects.
* Coordinate trouble shooting and problem solving if needed using project management tools and skills.
* Identification and delivery of opportunities for cost reduction.
* To build and maintain an optimized partnership and close collaboration with business partners including engineering, quality, accounting, and global procurement activities.
* Participates in or leads cross-functional initiatives to reduce cost and improve service level for both internal and external customers.
* Communicates price changes and / or discrepancies and determines financial impact.
* Input contracts into SAP as needed.
* Update info. Records; new and old.
* Add metal adders.
* Change pricing with invoice errors.
* Monitor contract renewal dates and quantities.
Competencies and skills:
* Business Acumen in the Procurement / Supply Chain industry.
* Excellent Influencing and Negotiating skills.
* Sense of Urgency.
* Demonstrated skills in developing strong business relationships with suppliers.
* Work efficiently, independently and in a team environment.
* Able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
* Bachelor Degree required, MBA Preferred.
* 5 years experience using an ERP software, preferably SAP.
* Advanced skills using Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
* Clear and effective Communication, both good written and oral skills.
* Minimum of 10 years of commodity management and purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
* US Citizen or Perm Legal Resident Required.