STS Expatriate Services Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
BDO USA, LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Expatriate Services Intern is responsible for performing basic research to prepare tax returns, tax equalizations, completing assignment cost projections and work project reviews. In this role, the Expatriate Services Intern will have the opportunity to utilize his/her educational background to service practice clients while under the direction of experienced Expatriate Services professionals.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Master s program in Accounting, Business Administration, International Business, Human Resource Management, International Human Resource Manager or other related field required
- Pursuing a Master s degree in Accounting preferred
- Prior experience preparing individual income tax return, involved in VITA preferred
- Prior internship preferred
- Prior experience in a customer / client service environment preferred
- Prior study abroad or international work experience preferred
- Eligible to sit for the CPA upon graduation preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience working with Go Systems preferred
- Fluency in foreign languages highly desired
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses superior customer service skills
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of information
- Capable of working and communicating effectively with professionals at all levels
- Able to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects / tasks with an attention to detail
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and the ability to apply analysis in determining appropriate next steps
- Excellent computer skills and the aptitude to learn new software applications
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability