STS Research & Development/ Domestic Production Activities Deduction Senior Associate
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Specialized Tax Services (STS) Research & Development (R&D) Senior Associate is responsible for assisting in project tasks to identify, document and support on exam R&D tax credits and incentives, including the Domestic Production Activities Deduction (DPAD). In this role, the STS R&D Senior Associate utilizes educational knowledge and communication and organizational skills to work with senior STS professionals to interview client operations personnel as well as gather and prepare tax workpapers.
- Bachelor s degree required
- Two (2) or more years prior experience in accounting, tax or finance (including internships) preferred
- Experience in preparing/reviewing tax provisions, corporate taxation, consolidations and partnerships preferred
- Prior experience in R&D and/or DPAD preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Microsoft Excel & Word
- Advanced skills in Excel preferred)
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with a focus on customer service
- Superior organizational and project management skills with ability to multi-task in a fast- paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong initiative and drive to lead while seeking opportunities to enhance and grow the STS practice
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
Usual corporate benefits.